So. I was going to blog about how I'm sick of my job already. That there are never-ending problems, that I keep making big mistakes and getting reprimanded for them. I was going to complain about how much I don't want to be there anymore. Which you've all heard before.
So I'm not going to blog about that. Because what happened this morning trumps it all: I arrived at my office to see all of my coworkers, and the receivers standing around outside the office. The office is dark, the door was locked, and there is a sign on the door: "The locks have been changed and all alarm codes deleted."
Love, the Landlord.
We are locked out of our office. Can you believe that? And for the life of me I can't figure out why. I don't know what their problem is. We paid them another half-month's rent. We've always been on good terms with everyone in our building. I don't know what possessed them to change the locks on us. They can't keep us from our work. We still have jobs. It's not up to them. What they're doing is actually illegal.
So now I'm at home, waiting for another receiver to get a court order from a judge in the city, to present it to the landlord (who is conveniently not around, and impossible to get ahold of) to tell him that they have to open the doors for us and let us in. If the landlord doesn't comply, or if he still can't be found, then the police come and use their own methods to let us in.
This could be fun.
It's just so unbelievable though!!! The CFO told everyone to occupy themselves - go for coffee, go for breakfast, go home and take a nap, or do whatever. It could take a while. So I'm at home. Blogging. Then I'm going to have a proper breakfast, because I didn't have one this morning. And then.....nap? And just amuse myself until we get back into the office, or have a day off!
No, I'm sure I won't have a day off. We have to get into the office, because today is payday, and the cheques are in there. Whatever happens, I'll be sure to update you.
Wow.
3 comments:
Oh, my goodness! That's terrible. Good thing it's the end of the week. Hope everything turns out : )
wow is right! it never ends, heh?
ps how did your day end up?
Post a Comment