I celebrated my birthday today, because everyone was busy yesterday evening. (Coincidentally, today my niece Kiera is exactly seven months. Go check out my sister's seven-month post.)
Elleah and Jared and Kiera came over, we had lasagna-in-a-slow cooker (best kind), strawberry and roasted almond salad with poppy seed dressing, garlic bread, and cherry cheesecake for dessert.
We also watched the movie Fracture, which is my most recent favorite movie. I've watched it three times in the past two weeks, and I still like it.
I got books and money for my birthday from my mom. Pretty much the best gifts ever. The money is in US cash, for our shopping trip to Grand Forks, which is coming up in about two weeks. I also got a gift card for Le Chateau, which is my favorite clothing store, and of course, it's freaking expensive.
That doesn't stop me from lusting over their clothes every time I walk past the store. But now I have a bit of money. Which MIGHT buy me one piece of clothing, depending on which piece I choose. If I go with pants, I'll have to supplement with my own money. If I go with a light sweater, I might be okay.
And do you know what else I've been busy with? Immigration paperwork, applying for Unemployment Insurance, and trying to convince Canada Revenue Agency that I don't owe them money - all at the same time. Is my head spinning yet? Oh yeah, and I still have a wedding to plan, and believe it or not, the wedding plans are not at the top of the list. I really need to get going on those again.
In any case, today was a good day; it actually felt like my birthday today, which was nice. Even if yesterday was my actual birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment