May 24, 2008

Day 6: Asian Food

Day 6, Friday: Art had to work in the morning, and he asked me to go with him. In past vacations, I went to work with him every time he worked, because my vacations were short, so I wanted to spend every moment with him possible; even if it meant hanging around his job. But that's why I brought books.

I sat at spa reception for a while, talking with Sozan (pronounced Suzanne). Art's friend Wayne (that I mentioned yesterday) is also his coworker, a bellman at the resort. He is married to Sozan, and Sozan also works at the resort.

Once I get my greencard, I hope to work at the resort as well. So we'll all be couple friends, and couple coworkers. I like Sozan. I hope she's my new best friend out here. We're all the same age too.

So anyway, I hung out in the spa talking with her, and meeting some of the spa ladies. She gave me the official tour, and told me a little bit about what it's like to work there. Then I went to the main part of the resort, pulled out my book, and read for the next seven hours. They sell Starbucks in the gift shop, so I got myself a caramel steamer with extra caramel.

They have so many little nooks with comfy chairs and lamps to sit and read. I used the library this time. Art bought me breakfast: biscuits and gravy, and scrambled eggs, and fruit. It comes on a silver platter. Not joking. I took a picture, you'll get to see them eventually. I'll probably just do a whole blog of pictures when I get home.

At some point, Art also brought me free dessert. A chocolate mousse, covered in a layer of frozen chocolate, covered in whipped cream, and topped with a couple of white chocolate slivers. Served in a tall wine glass. Are you jealous yet? I eat so good when I'm out here.

In the evening, we all had plans to go out for Moshi Moshi. Everyone was pretty excited about it. It's this sushi place in Bellingham. It was me and Art, Wayne and Sozan, Sozan's brother Zana who had just flown in the night before from Texas, Wayne's younger sister Lydia, and her friend Kasha. Oh, Lydia and Kasha also work at the resort.

I was kind of excited and kind of nervous to try sushi for the first time. I even brought my camera to take a picture. Unfortunately, we were too big a group, and there was already a group there, we were hungry. We weren't going to wait an hour to eat. So I didn't have to try sushi after all.

We went to a Thai place instead, which was find by me, because I like Thai food. Their most outstanding feature? The bathroom sink. You'll have to wait for the picture.

After yummy Thai food, Art and I went to see Narnia: Prince Caspian. VERY GOOD MOVIE. I liked it a lot. Art did too, even though he wasn't so excited about seeing it at first. I kind of begged him, like the last movie we watched. Again, he was glad. See? Being a persistent brat pays off!

No comments: