April 24, 2008

What Did I Get Myself Into?

You can bet your bottom dollar, your top dollar, your middle dollar, and every other dollar there is, that I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning.

Aside from the fact that it's been sleeting all night (sleet is frozen rain, for those of you lucky enough to live in warm climates where this weather wouldn't dare occur).

I did another workout on Tuesday. I was disciplined, and despite my soreness, I did it. I didn't do any stair walking. This time I did a different work out, recommended by Art, of course.
A circuit of 21 reps, 15 reps, and 9 reps of:

-Thrusters (kind of like squats with weights, but when you come up, you lift the weight all the way above your head)
-Sit-ups (again, had to do crunches instead, because I have nothing to anchor my feet in order to sit all the way up).

And of course, I stretched and did my warm up first, which involves squats and sit-ups, so it was almost like a double workout.

Honestly? The actual workout didn't feel that hard. I could have used heavier weights. I could have gone faster. I could have gone on longer. But I decided not to push myself too hard. And I'm glad. Remember how I said that my legs weren't sore on Tuesday, after my workout on Monday?

Yesterday was a COMPLETELY different story. I could barely walk. Going up stairs was (and still is) very difficult. Going down stairs is even worse. My legs are so dead, and beyond.

At youth group yesterday we played live Clue, using the whole church. So it was lot of running around for me. And one very awful staircase. I'll count that as my workout. It was all my legs could take. I'm not sure what I'll do for my workout today, but I have to convince myself to push through. My legs are only going to get stronger, and less sore.

Like Art says: "If you're not scared before you workout, you're not working out hard enough."

No comments: