April 9, 2008

Man, It's Like the All-Work Channel Over Here!

So, Jenene: how is work going these days?

Well, thank you for asking. It's been exactly two weeks since they first announced that we have gone bankrupt. And I am busier than ever. The phone calls have slowed down, which means less panicky customers asking all sorts of questions that I can't answer.

And those who make decisions are finally available again. They've been in nearly constant meetings, and constant running around these past two weeks, and very difficult to get ahold of.

A few employees are gone, so it's a bit quieter, and it's starting to feel more and more empty as people clean their offices of personal effects. But, of course, when a few employees move on, their former duties get reshuffled. And some have gone to me. I have had to learn a fair number of new things in a short amount of time. And those things are rather important.

In fact, it feels like every task I am given is very important, top priority. Which can make things very stressful, because I constantly have two or three things to do at the same time, and everyone who asks needs it done NOW. But I can only work on one task at a time. So far I haven't had any complaints. Let's just keep it that way.

If I am allowed a little room to complain, then I will take it. I'm not happy at work anymore. I used to like my job. But it's high stress, everyday. I am glad I still have a job, or rather, that I'm still earning a decent wage. And I just learned that they will grant me my vacation pay, as long as they choose the day of my termination. (So I can't just up and quit. Bummer).

Honestly, it would be easier on the brain and on the emotions if I could just go now, and work somewhere else. But they need me here, and I'm loyal to the bitter end (and easily swayed by that vacation pay. Call me greedy if you want.) So I'll endure somehow.

Art is being so supportive through all of this. (He sent me flowers! I'll put pictures up soon). I'm sure he (and everyone else) is tired of hearing how unhappy I am, but he keeps telling me that it will all be over soon. So I'm trying to keep my chin up. And trying to remember to draw strength from God.

I can't believe how I can so easily forget to rely on Him, when I've been preaching faith in Him so much these past months. And then this comes along, and suddenly I don't trust Him as much? I should be trusting Him more!

On that note, today was less stressful than yesterday, so I'm thankful. I hope this trend keeps up! :)

3 comments:

Elleah said...

Things could always be worse: you could be working 12-hour shifts at Biovail in the factory, rotating days and nights, then going to work at Sobeys for 5 hours after a 12-hour night shift and having to be friendly to customers when you've been working since 7 p.m. and now it's 1 p.m. the next day and keeping this schedule up for 8 months. What? You want to stick to your job instead? That's what I thought.(hee hee) :)

Jenene said...

You know what? You're right. Being crazy would be worse than this. :D

Roo said...

praying for you and everyone involved in this transition. God is faithful and totally in control. (Thank God for that, heh?)