April 5, 2008

Dreams, Faith, and Phone Calls

I had yet another wedding dream last night - that's my third one! This one was even longer, but thankfully, less disastrous. I think my dream spanned the entire day before my wedding, and the entire day of my wedding. That's a long dream! I don't really remember most of it. I do, however, remember what went wrong.

Because, when a bride dreams about her wedding, it always has to be a dream about any possible problem that could occur, just to make her even more nervous than she already is.

The two main problems in this dream were a) the fact that I had forgotten to go to our photo shoots, both before the wedding, and in between the ceremony and the reception, and b) that someone burst into our room that night to tell Art that he had to go to war! How ridiculous is that!

Thank goodness I never have prophetic dreams. And just a note about problem #2: it was very late at night. Very much sleeping in that part of the dream. Very G-rated.

I suppose the dream might have shook me up more than I think. I was supposed to go out tonight to see a comedy show put on by a local up-and-coming comedian, and I was looking forward to it, but as the day went on I started to feel sick for no apparent reason. So I had to call my friends at the last minute and bail on them.

I promised to pay the $5 for the ticket anyway, since they had bought the tickets in advance. I insisted. It was within my budget, and I had withdrawn the money for exactly that reason.

Remember, in my last post, how I said that I'm not worried about my future? Well, it's still true. I'm not worried about my job or my life, or about money. I'm simply being very careful with my money, even more so than I ever have been. I'm not destitute, and I still have a job. I got paid yesterday like usual.

But I don't know if I'll get one more full pay cheque. I want to ensure that I'll have enough money to spend on necessities if there will be a span of time between this job and my next job.

Also, it's pretty much guaranteed that my next job won't be paying as much. So I must learn to be as frugal as possible. Which is actually pretty easy for me, considering I don't own a car, or a cell phone, and I don't pay bills or buy groceries. And that will all change when I move to the US in three months. And until my paperwork comes through, I won't be able to work at all there.

So I'm preparing myself for the future. Getting into habits now that will help me out later on. And while I'm on the subject, please remember to pray for my paperwork. It's a little easier for me to have faith about my future before the wedding, than it is for my future after the wedding.

Well, I hear the garage door opening, which means my parents are home, which means my dad will probably want to use the computer. Tomorrow I'm going to my niece's baby dedication, and then I have a very lengthy mentor meeting to attend, and then my very bestest friend from Edmonton is going to call me. We've been trying coordinate this phone call for two weeks! See you on Monday!

No comments: