April 18, 2008

Barely Making It By the Skin of My Teeth

I once heard a girl say that she loved being engaged, because she has never taken such good care of her skin, teeth, and nails before.

I think I'm a bit of a bad bride.

Last night I was so tired, that I knowingly went to bed without washing my face, and did a very poor job of brushing my teeth.

I know how gross and bad it is to not wash makeup off your face before bed.
I know that pillowcases should be rotated and washed frequently.
I know that drinking water and not touching your face improves your skin.
I know that finding the perfect face wash is difficult, but once you find it, it will only be effective if you actually use it EVERY DAY.

I KNOW how to take care of my skin. But I simply didn't do it.

I also know that not brushing your teeth properly or regularly just plain gross, never mind the fact that it causes cavities.

So. TONIGHT. When I get home from work today, I WILL start the laundry. I will NOT leave it sitting outside my hamper, on the floor for one more minute. I will also clean my room.

And then? A little later on? I will NOT wait until I'm too tired to get ready for bed. I WILL shower, wash my face, and brush my teeth properly, at a decent hour when I am still awake enough to do so. I will look good, I will feel good, and I will even take a picture.

[Let's hope that my proclaiming it on my blog motivates me to do actually do it; self-discipline is not my strong point!]

Oh, and regarding my nails: I already take very good care of them. At least I got that one down!

No comments: