Does anyone know the Dilbert comic strip?
It's an office satire, about how nobody can get any work done, and their boss is unrealistically incompetent.
If you don't know, here's an example of how a Dilbert comic strip would go:
-I need to calculate the yearly budget.
-But in order to do that, I need the latest budget calculating program, which I don't have.
-So I have to buy the latest budget calculating program, but I can't do that until I know if it's within our budget.
-I don't know if it's within our budget, because I haven't calculated the yearly budget yet.
-So I need to calculate the yearly budget first, but I can't do that because we don't have the latest....
You get it, right?
That's kind of how I feel right now.
I have a day off from the bookstore, but I promised to work for my dad. My dad has an at-home office, which is a hopeless mess. I would LOVE to clean/organize it, but I can't clean it without him around, because despite the crazy disorganization, he claims to know where everything is. If I start reshuffling things, I'll probably "lose" something, and I get in big trouble.
If I start throwing things out that I think are unimportant, I get in even bigger trouble. So I can't start cleaning until he's home, and he and I are rarely home at the same time.
Since he isn't home to help me, I decided to not tackle the office, but work on his monthly receipts instead. But I can't find the book that I use to write everything in. It's somewhere here in his office. Looking for it would require a "shuffling around" of papers, which I can't do, because dad's not home.
ZERO PRODUCTIVITY MUCH????
1 comment:
Ah yes, I have been in your exact situation a few times...good luck with that!
Post a Comment