May 27, 2008

And Now That I'm Home...

I didn't sleep in today, and I'm glad. I'm too prone to sleep half the day away, just because I can. I got up, got ready, and headed over to the bookstore, to see if he had any work for me. There's nothing for me to do today, or tomorrow, but the shipment is coming in on Thursday, and then I'll have another week of work.

I headed back home (not empty-handed. Yes, I had more books with me. I have an addiction to feed!), and decided to use the rest of my day to unpack, clean up, and catch up on blog reading. I also prepared my photos, so hopefully you'll see the first batch online tomorrow. I haven't actually decided what I'm going to do.

I also spent a fair bit of time watching tv online. I heard about a website called surfthechannel.com, and they have almost every episode of every tv show ever. Not good for my computer potato status. (You know, like a couch potato, but instead of endless hours of tv, it's endless hours on the computer.)

And can I just say that today was a gorgeous day, and I basically missed it? Although I still have time to catch about an hour of evening sun. And there are finally leaves on the trees! I'm so happy! I remember thinking to myself on the day I left for my vacation: "It better look and feel like spring around here when I get back, or there is something seriously wrong with Mother Nature." And my wish came true! Although, it still doesn't compare with the weather on the west coast.

I picked the perfect week to be out there. Even when it was raining, it was a light misty rain, not at all depressing, and it was still warm! And everything out there is so lush and green! I can't wait to live there. I just can't wait.


P.S. My birthday is tomorrow. It hasn't really clicked yet that my birthday is tomorrow. I guess because I haven't really been thinking about it. I asked my mom what we're doing for my birthday, because I made ZERO plans. Elleah and Jared are coming over on Thursday (and Kiera of course), and my mom is making dinner. I guess I should tell her what I want.

I just don't care that much that my birthday is happening. I already feel 23. And.....maybe it's anticlimactic, since I just got home from an amazing vacation, and I really miss Art, and the first few days of separation are always a bummer. I hope I snap out of it.

1 comment:

Roo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENENE!!!! happy happy day!