I feel like I have lots to share and talk about, but now that I'm typing these words, I can't think of what I was dying to tell you all.
7-11 has pina colada slurpees. Which basically means that they have pina coladas that are non-alcoholic. And they come from a machine. Have I mentioned I love pina coladas? You know that song? Where the chorus says something about pina coladas? That song is about me.
Actually, I have no idea how accurate or inaccurate that song is, because I don't know any other words except the first few in the chorus. Maybe I should look it up.....
I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep bananas from ripening too quickly. We bought a bunch that were slightly green like two days ago, and they went straight to brown. Completely skipped yellow altogether. Basically. Almost.
Did I tell you that I've been watching Alias lately? Do any of you remember that show? It wasn't on THAT long ago. Okay, so I think I was in high school, which is kind of a while ago. Anyway, when it first started, I was addicted, but I didn't get to watch nearly every episode, because I have an amazing mother and sister whom I love dearly, and they love their reality shows dearly, and were always taping their shows so they wouldn't miss anything. (Yes, video tapes.) And I'm not going to point any fingers, but SOMEONE forgot sometimes to tape my show. The ONE show I wanted to watch.
Because I hate reality tv. And I just lost all my readers, except my lovely mother, who loves me, and will read this blog even if I diss her reality shows. I really hate reality shows. Because they're not real. Yeah, they're about real people, and they don't really have a script or a plot, but it's still not real. They try to set up hilarious/awkward/crazy scenarios so that the show will be interesting.
You know what a REAL reality show would look like? A video camera in my house, recording me as I do laundry, and wash the dishes, and sit in front of the laptop for hours on end, while my husband naps on the couch beside me. And NO ONE would watch it, because it's not interesting, because it's too real. They have to invent situations for "reality" shows so that people will actually watch them. Which means they're not real.
So I watch Alias online instead. But each episode is 45 minutes long, and it takes a while to load, so I watch maybe two episodes a week. Which I guess isn't a bad thing, because it means I kind of have a life. But I really wish I could just watch it all the time. I'm a little bit addicted.
I don't really feel like I have a life anymore. My evenings are just so darn short! Well, they're short if we run errands, or do ANYTHING in the city before coming home after work. Which we basically do everyday.
And lately, we've been spending time looking at houses to rent. A lot of houses. A lot of phone calls, and emails, and no responses, and me not sleeping last night, and crying and praying because we only have 9 days left before we have to be completely out of this place, and we haven't started packing yet.......
I know I said I wouldn't panic. So I'm a liar. I panicked. I'm still panicking. And I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to jinx it, even though I don't believe in that, but here it goes: we might have a place. We got a key to look at it today, and I like it, and we got applications to fill out. And Art's going to hand in the applications tomorrow.
So: new prayer request. PRAY that the application process doesn't take a week. PRAY that we get it, so we can move in. Like, maybe in a few days? Because we only have a few days?
Finally, Art and I had a really fun anniversary, it was a wonderful day, and I'll have to tell you about it another time, because I'm starving! Dinner time!
7 comments:
Jenene...here is a suggestion, start collecting boxes (grocery stores, and from your work place) and start packing. Don't wait until you have the new place secured. Then you won't have to panic next week. I know that this doesn't make sense to the mind but remember the scripture...Be still and know that I am God. He sees you and knows what you have need of. Love and prayers, Mom.
Maybe God's will is for you to live on the street for a few days. Just kidding! That probably wasn't very funny. He will provide a place for you. Oh, and you're 24 years old. I'll probably keep reminding you until you change it on your profile. :) You could change it while you're waiting for Alias to load.
I'll pray that the application goes through quickly and you can get moved in time!
I agree with your Mom - start packing. If you wait, you won't have time to be organized and moving unorganized makes a job that is already not much fun even worse.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Standing in faith with you that it will all work out exactly as it should!
Hugs,
Marsha
Try keeping bananas in a paper bag to keep them from ripening. Just saying. They block light better... So, I hear. Try it out.
i don't like reality shows either. not at all! :)
If you separate the bananas when they aren't ripe, they take WAY longer to ripen..just a suggestion, it's definitely worked for me!!
Post a Comment