*Warning: this post jumps around a lot.*
I just dumped out some old milk. Like, weeks old. It was..........creamy. And smelled pretty amazing too, and by "amazing" I mean gross-and-a-half!
And speaking of not eating, this is my Facebook status today: "Today I learned that oranges rot from the inside. Also, I didn't eat lunch. (Do the math.)"
Yeah. All I had were oranges for my lunch. And one of them was rotten. And normally I would be eating like a normal person, but we've been severely short on groceries this week. So I bought some today. Here's hoping there won't be another surprise bill being withdrawn from our checking account like there was today! Trying not to worry about seeing negative numbers...
And thanks for all the "burn concern." It's doing a lot better. Most of it looks like a tan now, though my right shoulder is still pretty red, and I can't sleep on that side. I'm no longer in pain. But now I'm itchy, cause I'm starting to peel. Fun stuff. Just my back though. Not my face or anything. So I don't have to be embarrassed in public. I just get to be embarrassed at home, where I have my charming husband to make fun of me!
I told someone young and single this weekend that the whole purpose of being married is to keep you humble, because your husband WILL tease you 24/7. It's all in good fun though. He never goes too far, so I'm never hurt by it.
We're still house hunting. And we could really use your prayers (even if they're just little ones) because our landlady was kind of pressuring us to give her a final answer, and she told us that if we didn't say for sure by Wed. morning, she would lock us into our lease until the end of August. So we told her yes, we're moving.
And we have no flippin' clue where we're moving to. We have three weeks to find something and get our stuff out of here. And please, don't anyone ask me what will happen if we don't find a place, because that is not an option, and if I dwell on it too much, I might explode.
Okay, I'm back from my break. (You didn't even know I was gone, did you? I totally left for an hour. And you were completely oblivious.) So we interrupt whatever I was babbling on about to tell you this: I just got my greencard in the mail today! Except it's a white card. Because not all greencards are actually green. It's just a term. And it expires in two years. So I'm a temporary permanent resident. I'm slightly confused.
What happens in two years? I become an even more permanent resident? How can you have degrees of "permanence"? I'm either permanent or I'm not. Whatever. Whatever with the government. I have the stamp in my passport and the card in my hands. Except it's not actually in my hands. It's on the coffee table in front of me.
Ooh, and I have some other cool news too: I'm off of double-checks at work now! As in, my training is done. Double-checks are basically what the sound like: anytime I entered a form into the database, I hand it off to my trainers so they can double-check my work to make sure I did it correctly. If I make a mistake, they hand it back to me, I correct it, and then I give it back to them so they can make sure I corrected it....correctly.
So anyway, I reached 95% accuracy a couple of days ago, so I'm now entering stuff all on my own! It's kind of exciting, and a little bit scary. I've been doing a lot of praying all of a sudden. Praying that I don't make any mistakes, and praying that if I do make a mistake, someone will catch it early on, and it won't become a problem later.
I think I'm going to have to do an entire post about what my job is. I mean, it's not complicated; it just takes a while to explain. Unless you know what a Purchase Order is. Then you won't need to read an essay about my work.
Anyway, I'm going now. I'm gonna finish my late dinner, and then we'll see. I've not been doing any cleaning at all, after last week's cleaning marathon, and I'm determined to hold off until tomorrow. (Geez, how many people have to hold themselves back from cleaning?)
So, if I don't check in again tomorrow (which I probably won't), have a great weekend!
7 comments:
I'm glad your burn is doing better! Don't you just hat it when food goes bad? It happens to us alot because alot of times we don't eat our food fast enough. So frustrating - I hate wasting food, money, time, anything for that matter!
So...a couple of prayer requests I take it. We pray for direction, and guidance for the right place, at the right time, for the right price. We pray for peace for all involved. We pray for finances to stretch far enough to meet all your needs and enough to give to every good work! We pray for continued good performance for you at work. We pray that you don't peel too badly. Thank you Lord for the many times you have answered our prayers already! Love you, Mom.
I just vacuumed for the first time in weeks today! Ya, I definitely don't have to hold myself back from cleaning. You try keeping your house spic + span with a baby or a toddler! Not worth it and pretty much impossible. Yes, I know what a purchase order is. Or a PO as we like to call them. Sorry to hear about your rotten orange.
Hey Jenene, thanks for the comment! For our anniversary I think we're going to go the the restaurant we went to on our first date and get dessert, then see a movie at the Imax theater. And I'm going to make us virgin Pina Coladas to remind us for our honeymoon! Nothing too big, because we're trying not to spend too much, but it'll still be special! We'll probably also watch our wedding video, and I'm going to sneak little notes around the house for Derek to find. It'll be fun.
What do you think you guys will do? Happy anniversary a week early!
a two year temporary residency is what I have (i'm surprised the person who interviewed you didn't explain the difference to you) it just means that you haven't been married the amount of time prior to applying for your status change for them to recognize that you have a valid relationship. if in two years you are still together, all you have to do is renew your status and you will have a ten year permanent residency. it's basically their way of ensuring that you didn't just get married to gain status....
Well, the lady interviewing us said that "they" would want to check in at the "two-year mark" but I didn't know which two years she was talking about: married for two years, in the States for two years, or had my greencard for two years? I hope it's married for two years, because that one will come first.
it'll happen when your card expires, in two years. you are going to have to initiate the renewal well before the expiration date as there is a cap on how many permanent residence "they" will allow in the US in one year...if you don't make it in under their ceiling, then you would have to leave the country and start the process over again...it's a convoluded process, but, it seems to work out fairly well...
Post a Comment