July 3, 2009

Wanna See a Bunch of Random Pictures?

Here they are, from late May and early-to-mid June.




A challenge from the game, Would You Rather: Joe had to wear a fake mustache and glasses made from makeup. My eyeliners were quite dull after that.


My birthday cake.







I blew out the candles in the dark, and when we turned on the lights, I realized I had blown the whip cream off the top and all over the floor.







Art. Just being his usual self.


One really warm day, probably at the end of May.


Sozan, lying on soft, plushy rocks. I asked her to come over where the sand was, but she wanted to be very much in the sun.


Trying to take a picture of myself. It was really bright out. If you couldn't tell.


My favorite mountain. I love seeing it on a clear day.


Sozan's birthday, at the beginning of June. Mari and I made this cake. I know it looks burnt around the edges, but it's not. And it was very delicious. Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. Try it.


I love this picture. I love the effect. How it looks like Mari's arm is on fire.




That's Sozan's "Oh geez" look. Wayne probably farted or something.


Wayne decorated our living room for the party. He's got some talent, that one.


My roses! Did I tell you guys? I can't remember. But one day I looked at the backyard and realized that the rosebush was blooming, and it made me happy. It's still full of blooms, but they are nearing their end.



So yeah. That's was the beginning of summer. And you'll just have to imagine the rest. Just keep thinking "beach," and you'll basically get the gist of it.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

The pineapple upsidedown cake brought back memories! I haven't had it since I was a kid....my Mom used to make it all the time. Me thinks it's time to dig out a recipe.....
Hope your summer is going well and that you enjoy celebrating your first 4th of July as a resident of the USA!
Hugs,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

I guys. Your cake looks like it belongs in the "cake wrecks blog" (no offense)! It would have been nice to celebrate your special day in person. I must say Wayne is very talented when it comes to decorating...I guess it's the thought that counts. Love you and miss you). Mom