Also known as the day that Art and Jenene finally cleaned the carport.
I'm so glad it's all done. The whole house looks amazing, the new renter loved and wants to move in ASAP, so now we're praying that we find a place so we can let our landlady know, and move out!
But cleaning the carport. Of all the projects we had to do, this one was by far the worst. For those of you who don't know the set-up of our house, we have a carport at one end, but we don't park our car in it. The floor of it is raised ever-so-slightly, and it has carpet. So it's actually almost a sun porch.
It's still totally open the outside elements, so it gets a lot of grass and leaves and dirt in it. And bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. Especially since we just use it to store things, and then they stay in one place for a long time, and then the bugs set up home.......yeah. I pretty much had the heebie jeebie creepy crawlies all evening yesterday.
Art cleaned out a lot of stuff, for which I am very grateful. But then I had to get rid of all the cobwebs (so I ticked off a lot of spiders) and had to move other stuff that was staying in the carport (so I saw a lot of other tiny crawling things) and then I swept all the grass and dirt and leaves. Yes, with a broom. Or more like a broom head. Because my broom doesn't have a handle. I sweep on my hands and knees.
Anyway, I discovered a rather large moth among those leaves, so that freaked me out. I also found a WASP'S NEST. You know you haven't cleaned in a while when.......... For the first time in my life, I was afraid of the wasps, because they wouldn't leave me alone, and I was trying to clean but not disturb them. They eventually left, and I got rid of the nest. It wasn't a big one, but still. Wasps.
And the monster. I found out that monsters don't live under beds or in closets. They live in carports. I cleaned, I cleared, I swept, I even vacuumed, and whole carport looks amazing except for one small corner. Because I was not going anywhere near that eight-legged freak. You guys. It was huge. Very freakishly huge. And I did not have the courage to tell it who's boss. It can stay there forever for all I care. Live and let live. As long as it stays outside, and in a dark corner far away from me.
Anyway, enough about that. I wish my camera worked so I could take a picture of the perfection that was our house. Because I'm sure it will never look like that again. I mean, I like cleaning, but I won't do ALL that if I don't have to.
Geez, is there ANYTHING else I can talk about? Do I have any sort of a life anymore? I got a letter in the mail from the US government, welcoming me to the US (even though I've already been here for almost a year). It also said that I should get my actual greencard in about three weeks. I'm praying it comes even sooner than that, because that's cutting it really close if we're moving.
We're looking at houses tomorrow. And praying very hard that we find one soon. So basically I'm doing a lot of praying these days. And reading the Bible more. Which is definitely not a bad thing. I decided to start reading about the kings, so I making my way through 1st Samuel. It's pretty good so far. I remember when I used to think the Bible was boring. Then I grew up.
Are you still reading? Isn't this boring? I'm bored just typing it. I think I'm also tired. Thankfully, I have a three-day weekend, so I get to sleep in tomorrow! I like sleep. I like days off. Even if I don't get paid for them. And I got paid early this week! Yay! Then we paid rent. So now we technically have $5. I thought we were supposed to have more money now that I'm working.........I guess it's time to make a budget!
Okay, I'm ending this thing. I'm just going on and on and on. Stopping.....NOW.
P.S. Happy Belated Canada Day. We heard fireworks very close by, but we didn't watch them because we went to bed pretty early. Very pumped for July 4th. In a navy town. Okay, I'm going now for real.
3 comments:
It's nice to hear about the everyday goings-on over there! and yes, i read the post clear through.
I don't envy you with the spiders! I've been sick and I need to be better by tomorrow since I'm working and then we're off on our little vacation! Moms don't get sick days, but thankfully Jared is already on holidays, so he has been helping with Kiera. Yay! Hope you find a great new place soon.
Good job on the cleaning...sounds like a lot of hard work. I pray you guys find something affordable, suitable for your needs, and clean! So we'll be celebrating Independance Day in Grand Forks by shopping, swimming ,etc. Love you, Mom.
Post a Comment