Did everyone have a great 4th of July weekend?
Did anyone else eat bbq'd ribs and watermelon and potato salad?
Did anyone else spend the entire day at a friend's grandparents' house?
Did anyone else watch a parade beside a friend with a toddler and a baby, and thus got a bit of candy too?
Did anyone else get to know some really cool people from Australia?
Did anyone else get to watch the fireworks from atop a windmill?
Did anyone else cling to their husband's sweater in pure delight during said awesome fireworks?
Did anyone else get the mother of all sunburns on their back and shoulders, and can now only sleep on their face and not wear a bra?
........Anyone? Just me?
Yeah, I had a great weekend, except for the sunburn part. You guys. I have basically been turned into a piece of human bacon. I don't think I've ever seen that shade of red on anyone's skin before. I'm just waiting for it to all fall off (okay, not really). And yes, we picked up some aloe vera gel. And it feels good when I put it on. But after a few seconds, I got back to that awful sensation like I have been whipped or something. I really with I could take a picture of it, because it is pretty shocking, and a little funny, but mostly excruciating.
I actually took painkillers at work this morning so I could get some work done.
But enough about that. We basically spent the whole weekend with Art's friend Cameron (who is back from China) and his whole family. He has a great family. They have a big beautiful house on a large property, so we got to blow up some fireworks there before watching the ones in town.
I feel bad that we didn't spend any time with Art's family, although his dad had to work, and Joe didn't go down to Oak Harbor at all, so.....yeah. Mom probably hung out with all her Filipino ladies, and Mari was only there for one day.
And we really did meet an Australian family with a couple of kids about our age. We basically have a great excuse to go Australia now. And after spending two solid days with them, I dreamed in Australian accent last night. It was so cool.
Hm, am I missing anything? Oh, on Sunday, after church, Cameron and two of his uncles took me and Art and the Australians out to do some shooting. As in, guns. The Australians had never even held a gun before, and since this was their first time to the US, and especially being Independence Day Weekend, well, we had to do it right. The guys shoulders are pretty sore though. Those shotguns pack a punch.
Yeah, it was a very American weekend.
And now I have to go take a shower. Which I am dreading. I'm really not sure how I am going to wash my hair without getting my back wet. And lifting my arms is kind of difficult.
Thankfully, I have a wonderful hubby who is doing the dishes for me. Because I'll be recovering from this one for a while.
4 comments:
Jenene could you not feel yourself getting burnt before it got so bad? Keep putting on the aloe vera. I pray you get relief soon! Love Mom
Yuck, I hate sunburns! SOunds like you got a good one I'm glad you had a good Fourth of July though!
I TOTALLY know how you feel. A few years ago I had a REALLY bad one, like your back but also on the back of my legs. I remember at night laying in our friend's truck crying from the pain (we were camping - no aloe). From that night on I vowed to myself I would never burn like that again, and so far I've been pretty successful! SPF is my BFF.
Sounds fun! We had a wonderful week-end in the States and enjoyed the Independence Day fireworks. Kiera loved them! She kept saying, "Pretty! Ya? Wow!"
Post a Comment