There didn't used to be anything in it. But now there's a bed in it. We got a free bed yesterday. Boxspring, mattress, frame, headboard, footboard. The works. Art has some friends who are moving and needed to get rid of a bed, and decided to give it to us. Since we already have a bed, we're thinking of giving it to Mari. But until then, if anyone wants to visit, we now have proper sleeping accomodations.
Speaking of bed, I found Art like this the other day.
He was napping. Seriously.
Since my mom got me some new (real) knitting needles, I decided to pick up my knitting once more. I've been having some trouble learning how to purl, so I was hoping the new needles would make it easier. They did. So now I'm an expert at purling.
I thought it was time to learn a new pattern, by alternating the knit stitch with the purl stitch. The result was disastrous.
Do you think it's obvious that I don't know what I'm doing?
In other news, I am delighted to tell you that despite trimming my rhododendrons last fall, we will still be getting lots of blooms this spring.
This one is only the first of many.
I can't wait until all the bushes are in full bloom. They're so beautiful!
Last fall, I also trimmed a rose bush, but I don't think I'll be seeing anything from that one this year. I think it's still in shock. I trimmed off quite a lot.
Today promises to be an absolutely gorgeous day, and we are trotting off to Oak Harbor to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. And tomorrow is Wayne's birthday. I still have no idea what we're doing though.
Oh, I almost forgot about the semi-big news: we got another letter about my greencard. Apparenlty I have to go for an interview. I guess that's the final step. I'm supposed to bring every document in the world that says who I am and why I'm eligible for a greencard, and all sorts of proof that Art and I are in a legitimate relationship.
That should be fun.
Not.
4 comments:
I knit too! And I also don't know what I'm doing half the time - I'm trying to do a blanket. It's one of those patchwork knitted balkets where you knit patterned squares in different colors then patch them all together. I started on it about seven months ago - I officially have one square done, and I messed up the first half of the square (not too bad, but it's a little lopsided). One square in seven months! I'm rather a slow knitter. My goal was to finish it by the time we have our first baby in a couple of years, but I don't think I'm going to make it!
Keep us updated on the green card stuff!
Hope the greencard stuff goes off without a hitch. It seems like such a long, daunting process!
And don't give up hope on your rose bush blooming this year. It seems the rougher you are with them, the better they like it. I thought I'd killed one of mine a few years ago, but it came back bigger and better than ever and bloomed like crazy! Pruning works with roses as well as it does with us - the most severe of prunings seems to result in the most dramatic and wonderful growth! ;)
Knitting is so much and so relaxing. I started about two years ago but haven't done any projects lately due to my lack of time. But I am hoping to get back to knitting once we are back in the States.
And congrats on getting your greencard interview. :) I took my wedding photo album with me when I had me interview. They liked it. :) It was pretty easy too. Only took about five minutes or so.
That's fantastic you can even knit. I tried my entire Christmas vacation and couldn't get past the first row, seriously. I was so frustrated, I almost cried. I WILL LEARN, as God as my witness. I will learn.
Post a Comment