April 30, 2009

It Doesn't Make Any Sense

So.......................................................................

I got a call today. From a woman named Donna. She works at a graphics design company. They need seasonal customer service representatives.

I have an interview on Monday.

And you know what? I'm not actually happy.

It's not the job I want.

How stupid is that? I have an interview for a job, and I'm good at interviews. I have never had a problem finding a job. And I'm pretty sure I could get this job, because they normally hire students right out of high school for these positions. I'm practically a shoe-in.

So I'm 98% sure that they're going to offer me a job, we're in the middle of a recession, this is what I've been praying for, and now I'm going to be a cry baby because it isn't the job I WANT??

I think my first big concern is that Art and I only have one vehicle between us. So it could get really tricky, which I knew, but now that I actually have a potential job lined up, I'm worried about how we'll coordinate it.

My second concern is that it's seasonal. And again, I knew that when I applied, and I have no right to be picky, but what's going to happen come September? Art goes back to school, so his hours at work will get cut back, and then I loose my job.......and then what?

I don't even have the job yet, and I know that God can work things out even when we don't see it, and I know that no matter what, God will always take care of us, but it doesn't seem to matter what my head knows.

Deep down, I feel like, somehow, I'm doing something wrong. It doesn't feel right. And I don't know if that's an instinct thing, or just my stupid worries taking the joy out of this opportunity.

I really wish my head and my emotions would shut up, because I finally started my first button coaster, and I really want to enjoy the experience of making them.

So I'll stop whining now.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

hey you know, you could go and have a great interview
and then when they call you to say "we would love to hire you"
you can say "NO WAY! SUCKER!" and then run away...
it's always an option.
i mean, references aren't people who tried to hire you... right?

well of course you know i'm joking (a little), but you can always turn them down if they want to hire you and you still aren't digging it.

Libbers said...

If it does feel wrong... then just don't do it.

However, if you sleep on it, and pray about it, and you think it's ok (other than not being the job you want) you still might want to try it out. There's nothing wrong with that, and plenty of ppl quit their jobs a short time after starting because it's not the right fit. No harm done there. You never know... just because it isn't the right career path for you doesn't mean that you aren't meant to be there for this time. You might just meet some people there who will be an integral part of your life. I don't know, you don't know... God does. So ask Him. And go with that. :)

Elleah said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...even if it's maybe not the one you were expecting. If they offer you a job, you could take it and in the meantime, maybe something else will come up. Pray about it...He knows what's going to happen!

Mom said...

Yeah, the comments so far have been good. Jenene, you hear from the Lord and so ask Him what this feeling is...you or Him. Also, you just might get a more clear picture once you have the interview. Keep casting your cares on Him, even if you have to do it 1000 times a day, He knows how to work this out! Prayers and love, Mom.
P.S. Worse case you make a mistake, but God is gracious and still will work out His plan for your life!

Jamie said...

That happened to me once. I got a job (that we needed) at a bookstore (which I thought I would LOVE) and I quit after my first day. Sounds horrible and I felt dumb trying to explain it to people afterwards, but it just wasn't right for me, and I was pretty sure it was God telling me that. I did find a good job I really liked shortly after that. Hope that encourages you in some way.

Anonymous said...

it may be seasonal, but who knows you might make some great connections there that will lead to another job when this one is over, and as for your transporation conundrum is there a bus system at all?