...I'm doing absolutely nothing about it. I am not now, nor have I ever been, the type of person to play jokes on people. I can never think of anything good, and I'm too nice to keep a joke going.
I thought about posting something ridiculous, like, "I'm pregnant! With duodecaplets!" But if it's not even remotely believable, then why bother? (By the way, duodecaplets = 12 babies)
So Happy April Fool Day. I hope no one made a fool out of you today. I haven't been tricked (yet) but my dear husband nearly made a ball of mush out of my heel a few hours ago (with a shopping cart). It was an accident, and I'm fine, as long as I don't wear a shoe on that foot. I'll probably be sporting a pretty nasty bruise though.
Ooh, and I got a book in the mail! I think props go out to my mom for that one. Diamonds are not this girl's best friend; books are.
On a completely unrelated note, we have a lot of garlic in our house, because Art accidentally bought a few, not knowing we already had some. So I'm trying to think of interesting ways I can use them. I'm not really a fan of garlic, but I'd rather use it than have it just sit there and go bad (like the potatoes did).
Although, I'm told that garlic lasts forever. Maybe we'll just hang it by our door and pretend we're superstitious about vampires. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, but I'll just let you know right now: we pretty much don't eat grains, so garlic bread, or garlic with pasta isn't really an option. Think meat.
Speaking of potatoes going bad, I tried to salvage as many as I could. I learned something very valuable yesterday: peeling soft potatoes is impossible. I threw most of them out, but five or six of them were firm enough to cut up. I attempted to make my own potato chips, and they turned out pretty good! I'll definitely be trying that one again, but next time, I won't wait until they've been sitting in a cupboard for three months.
Well, I should probably tend to the laundry. Or the dishes. Or maybe I'll just sit here at the computer and do other things that are a complete waste of time.
5 comments:
Mmm, potato chips . . . homemade are the best!
Was it one of your Christian books from your Amazon wishlist?
I wonder why you would have only gotten one when I ordered 3 for you. I guess the others should be arriving shortly. Love Mom
sometimes I put garlic in guacamole. One clove, diced in tiny pieces. :)
Post a Comment