April 28, 2009

Go With the Flow

Guess who bucks trends and shies away from hype.

Guess who doesn't do things simply because everybody else is doing them.

Guess who didn't watch Twilight or read the Twilight series (because everybody is obsessed with Twilight). Guess who hasn't read The Shack (because everybody is gushing about The Shack). Guess who didn't buy gaucho pants when they were the Trend du Jour (because everybody was buying gaucho pants).

Guess who always said they would NEVER EVER do Sudoku, because everybody loves Sudoku and it's addicting.





Guess who is suddenly obsessed with Sudoku............

Crap.



(Just in case anybody hasn't figured it out, I'm talking about myself. And the only exception to the "reject trends" rule was Facebook. And now Sudoku. I'm so ashamed!)

6 comments:

Kat said...

Oh you wouldn't believe how sick I am of hearing about Twilight. I mean, vampires? Are you freaking kidding me?

And I did receive "The Shack" for Christmas b/c apparently it is amazing. I have yet to crack the spine (which says a lot, given how I like to read. I think I hate being told WHAT to read though, you know?)

I tried Sudoku once. I vowed never again. So far so good. I should not be frustrated that much by numbers. I deal with that enough at work.

Wow that was a long comment.

Callie said...

Ah, but Sudoku is such a god brain workout! It sharpens your mental capacities - a perfectly fine obsession. I enjoy an occasional game myself, but Derek is so good at it, I get discouraged. He's doing the uber-super hard catagory, and I'm doing the easy ones!

La'el said...

I agree with Callie... sudoku is definitely good brain exercise! Hard to do when you're really tired though.

Roo said...

ha!!!
i also succumbed recently to the world of facebook after adamatly standing AGAINST it.

ahh.....

Libbers said...

I love all those things. You're wise to give in. :)

Mom said...

Not all trends are bad.