April 17, 2009

It's April 17! I Don't Know What That Means!

Yesterday was just "one of those days." Well, not quite. Yesterday was mostly good. It was the evening that got me down. Without getting to specific, I'm going to say that I was disappointed. I felt let down. The stupid thing is that I was disappointed by a bunch of little things that don't even matter. I suspect PMS may have played a factor.

Thankfully, a good night's sleep made all the difference, as I knew it would. So let's move on to happier thoughts, shall we?

I wore my new makeup yesterday. I didn't tell you about that, did I? I got myself some new makeup while I was on vacation in Manitoba. I got a new mascara, which isn't waterproof (glory hallelujah, it's so easy is to wash off!), and I got a deep blue eyeliner, which I'm told is great for brown eyes. I also got an under-eye brightener, which is basically my most favoritest makeup product ever.

I got a lot of stuff while I was over there, actually. My parents spoiled us but good. They gave us spending money, and I got a new pair of black pants, and Art got a new pair of jeans. My mom bought me a puzzle, and I took home two more that were at her house. She also bought me some more yarn, and some real knitting needles, so now I don't have to use chopsticks anymore!

Something else I'm very excited about are the buttons I took home. My mom has always had this jar full of buttons, and as a kid, I loved to play with them. They are almost sacred, in a way, which is why I was surprised when she said I could take some home! I'm going to make this:



It's a button coaster! It takes about 81 buttons to just make one, so I think I have enough. My mom went to the thrift store in their town after we left, and told me there were TONS more there! I'm sad that I didn't get to go to that store while I was there, but my mom told me that she bought me many more, and she's going to send them to me.

Surprisingly, I didn't buy or take home any books from Manitoba. Probably because my suitcase was already full with so many other things. But I did get a book in the mail from my friend Libby (which I never thanked her for. Libby, you are the bestest, thank you SO MUCH for the package you sent us. We are not worthy of having a friend like you). She sent me Persuasion by Jane Austen. That brings my "books-I-have-to-read" total up to three.

Let's see: three puzzles, three books, a button coaster, a knitted scarf to finish, knitted booties and slippers to start...I've got quite a few projects in my future. Add to that the never-ending quest for a job, and the fact that I STILL haven't unpacked yet.

So guess which task I'm going to tackle first. The answer is: None. Yes, people, I am demonstrating procrastination at its finest. Instead of doing any number of things I should be doing, I decided instead to go through my 800 billion wedding pictures and fine-tune them. Just a bit of retouching here and there.

I found out Costco prints pictures for $0.13 each. Since I have so many pictures, I don't think I could possibly print less than 250. Which brings the grand total to about $33. Can you say Sweet Deals?! I am very excited to be able to do that. Especially since our wedding was nine months ago, and I haven't printed one single photo.

Speaking of Costco, we went there yesterday, and came home with a box of sweet potatoes. I decided to try making potato chips again, you guys, I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I sliced them quite thin, and baked them for 25-30 minutes, but they came out either soggy or burnt. Alas, I may have to fry them. It's less healthy, but it's the only way I know how to get that crispiness I so desire.

Also, I just remembered that I promised you guys that I would put up my pictures today. I guess that's the one I'll be tackling first. Okay, I'm ending this post right now!

3 comments:

Libbers said...

1. You're welcome, and I hope you love the book as much as I do! I think you will. :D

2. Yeah, go ahead and fry them... it'll be worth it! A few more calories but mega good taste!

3. awesome button coaster.

4. I laughed at your procrastination. I do the same thing... I can never not have anything major on my to-do list. And I always need a immediate deadline.

5. What do you edit photos with? I do a lot of editing... and if you want, you could send me a dozen photos and I would edit them and email them back, and although they wouldn't be "better" than what you do, I might do stuff you wouldn't think of and vice versa... and you would end up with a bunch of sweet pics!.... because I don't have enough stuff to do either... lol.

6. About being moody, I get like that too... especially when I'm with other people. But yeah, all the little things... they add up. :)

Callie said...

It sounds like you had a great trip! The button coaster looks like so much fun - pictures!

Elleah said...

I never knew you had a fascination with buttons! I had TOTALLY forgotten about Mom's button jar. Brings back memories...