March 12, 2009

Who Needs Rest When There Are Mountains To See?

So this morning I was washing the dishes and enjoying the sweet jazzy croonings of Deborah Cox.......I'm sorry, what was that? Yes, I realize that it's seven in the morning. Why, what were YOU doing at 7am?........Sleeping?!! Psh.

(This coming from a girl who likes to get up at the crack of 10:30, so....)

But seriously, it's 7am and I am WIIIIIIDE awake. Art had to coach a couple of classes reeeeeeeeeeeally early this morning, and I couldn't fall asleep after he left, so I decided to get up and make myself productive.

Also, we're going to Anacortes today! And since Wayne and Sozan will be picking me up around 9am, I only have a couple of hours to get everything ready. We'll be having ourselves a picnic on top of Mount Erie, and yes, I'll be bringing my camera. And no, it doesn't involve any vigorous mountain climbing. You can drive up there.

Oh, and the reason we're leaving so early is that Art coaches again at 4pm, so we need to make the most of the hours between 10 and 3. Originally, we were hoping to watch the sunset from Mount Erie, but the view is incredible any time of day.

Well, I gotta make myself some breakfast and get dressed. I hope you have a fantastic Thursday; it's almost the weekend again!

P.S. What are you doing today?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenene...my day doesn't sound quite as interesting as yours. I'm working, then I'm going to grandma's for supper {my mom}. After that I look forward to seeing Kiera. Jared and Elleah are going to their cell group and I'm looking after our favorite grandaughter. Dad will have to fend for himself for supper. Looking forward to a report of your sightseeing day. Next time we come to visit we'll have to see more of the beautiful sights that we didn't see last time. Love you.

Elleah said...

Sounds like a really fun day. I get to look after a 1-year-old all day and I also washed the dishes today, although at the more reasonable hour of 11:30 a.m. I am looking forward to cell group, though!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm recovering from a twenty four hour composition binge and then Kristie and I are going to be visiting with your aunt and uncle. I'm going to see if Henry is too old to Ski these days.

Callie said...

I like the title of your post! I also like to sleep in - I'm convinced I need more sleep than the average person - but I LOVE the mountains!
P.S. Thanks for commenting on my blog - good question about the "honeymoon stage", and I couldn't really think of a good answer, but I tried! :o) I guess in my own mind we're still half in the honeymoon stage - but I'll let you read about it on my reply comment. What do you think?
P.S.S. I added your blog to my "following" list so I can keep better track! *smile*

Libbers said...

I woke up at 7:20 today when I had to open the daycare at 7:30. I got there dressed and teeth brushed by 7:25. I'm amazing. But your mountain sounds better.