March 14, 2009

Adventures in Anacortes

Here is a summary of yesterday. I need not have gotten up so early. I thought we were leaving by 9am, but Wayne and Sozan didn't even wake up until 9:30.

We left by 11:00, and drove to Deception Pass first. We walked around there for a while, and then drove back to Anacortes, and attempted to go up Mount Erie. Unfortunately, the roads were still pretty bad from the snow we got on Monday, so we'll have to save that trip until summer.

We went to Washington Park instead, had a picnic, ate some donuts from The Donut House, and played at the playground. We are eight years old.

Most of the pictures here are action shots.












Deception Pass. These boys make me nervous.










We did a lot of spinning right after we ate. Which is generally not recommended.


































It was a fun, beautiful day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there...it looks like you had fun. I didn't know 8 year olds grew so big these days! Also looks like you had a nice day weather wise. Nice scenery. Love you.

Elleah said...

I think it's cool to be able to say, "Hey, I've been there!" Looks like you had a lot of fun! It's kind of nice to be able to act like a kid again, although most days I have to be the adult.