Know what I just discovered? Rummikub. I have never played that game before, and then Joe and Phil brought it over the other day and taught me. And now I like that game. Kind of addicted.
I also watched two cool movies this weekend: Everything Is Illuminated and Bolt.
The first one is an independent film starring Elijah Wood. He's plays an American who goes to the Ukraine to find out more about about his grandpa, and the Ukrainian men who help him are pretty funny and crazy. It starts out as a comedy, but by the end, it's more serious and deep, but beautiful.
The second is an animated film about a dog. Normally, I think dog movies are super lame, but this one was really funny. If you enjoyed Kung Fu Panda, you will enjoy this one.
Guess what else I discovered, for the second time: to not play Monopoly against PHIL!!!!!!!! What Wayne said is SO true: "I never believed in luck until I met Phil." This guy started ripping us off and taking our money with the LOWEST VALUE properties. He managed to get a few more by the end, but he didn't even really need them. He was doing pretty well with just the little purple ones right after GO.
I mean, I'll give it to you, Phil. You're good. But you're a little too good. The odds are always stacked conspicuously in your favor. Maybe you really do have the force......
(Yes, I just made a Star Wars reference. We were playing Star Wars Monopoly. It's like the regular Monopoly, except it's 122,385,897 times more nerdy. Next time, I'M going to be Darth Vader.)
Anyway, at church today I found out that they're giving some old books and Bibles away for free. So I grabbed a book. And Art grabbed FIVE Bibles. Did I mention that we already have ELEVEN?! Well, one of the Bibles is for me. So now I have two. And Art has 14. We're like, the holiest people on the west coast right now.
Well, that's basically it for now. Art has to get up really early in the morning, so I have to shut this thing down and get ready for bed. Oh, and I finished the puzzle last night. It took me 2 days, which is a little fast for my taste. I like a puzzle that really challenges me, and takes me a week or so. But I still enjoyed it.
G'night!
4 comments:
Jenene please don't discredit the force by calling it luck!
1. OMG I love Rummikub!!
2. Those 2 movies are great. :D
3. That is ridiculous about winning with the purple properties!
4. You should have like 4 Bibles per room in your house now and you'll never have to walk more than 5 feet to get one. Sweet.
5. Psh. Get up early?? Try 5:30 every day.
You guys should give some Bibles away!
Yikes, why so many Bibles, I mean there are people who don't own any. Is their an easy to read Bible in the bunch cause I know of someone I could give it to. Look forward to seeing you soon!! Love Mom
Post a Comment