Art and I went on a date this evening.
Yesterday he asked me, "Jenene, do you want to go on a date tomorrow?"
"Sure, Art. Where?"
"I don't know, that's your job to figure it out. I did the hard part by asking."
Uh huh.
So we went to Olive Garden. I think this is the second time since we've been married that we didn't share an entree. I don't know why we didn't this time. Probably because he really wanted salmon, and I wanted something with shrimp. And of course, neither of us finished and ended up taking half our meals home with us anyway. Dang salad and breadsticks. Not that I'm really complaining.
And then Art had the audacity to order dessert. I was beyond full, and so was he, but that Torta di Chocolate won't eat itself. Also, it's to die for, so I had a few bites anyway.
What was that about not spending? We got Art's income tax return, so we were celebrating. And I'm expecting to hear about mine next week, so we'll be nice and cozy for at least a little while. Plus, Art will be getting more hours with Jogo as they start up a couple of new programs, and if I get myself a job next month.....jackpot!
Things are certainly looking up around here.
Now excuse me while I make like a beached whale and not move for a few hours.
8 comments:
Your date sounds strangely familiar. . .Derek took me out earlier this week to the Macaroni Grill, which is kind of similar to the Olive Garden . . . Your description could pretty much describe our date as well! Except he got lasagna and I got a dish with chicken. And he bought me a book afterwards (because I'm a huge bookworm). It's good to get out on an actual date once in a while though, huh?
No way! Art ALMOST bought me a book after our date, and I can't believe I actually said no! But we have plenty of books at home that I can read, and we also have a public library close by.
Does your public library have Christian books? Thankfully our's has quite a big section of Christian books, so I go sign out 3 of them every couple of weeks. Praise the Lord for blessing your finances!
Hi guys...glad you could go on such a "fulfilling" date with the emphasis on filling! Anyway, so happy to hear that Art will be getting more hours. Could we talk later on the phone? Maybe 6:30 our time? Love you, talk to you soon.
That's so funny that you almost got a book too! LOL!
Do you have a "wishlist" on Amazon?
Wishlist on Amazon? I've never heard of this! I might have to look into it.
please do! *wink wink*
Post a Comment