November 7, 2008

We're Off To Make My Husbands Dreams Come True

Art will be getting his CrossFit Level One certification this weekend! He's been looking into it for months and months, and for a while, it looked like we'd be going to California (which is not a bad thing).

But then he found one happening in Oregon, which is nice, because it's a shorter drive, and also, accommodations would be cheaper. Oh, and shopping in Oregon is the bomb. Get this : NO TAX. :D Not that we have tons of money to spend, but maybe I'll get myself some new socks. I know, I'm a crazy one. But seriously. I need some new socks.

Oh, and this certification means that he can become a CrossFit coach. He's already been involved in a CrossFit gym in Bellingham (30 min. south of here), but after this certification, it's going to turn into an actual job.

And what will I be doing while he's in class? Hanging out in the hotel room. I think they have free wireless internet, so if we bring the laptop, I should be good. I'm bringing a couple of books too. And I don't get bored easily. It's not going to be an exciting trip, but it will be a change of scenery, and we'll be getting away from all the rain, plus Oregon is BEAUTIFUL! And Art will get to meet other CrossFit-ers, and learning from the best, while doing what he LOVES more than anything in the world. Except me. But sometimes it's a tie.

We're leaving in a couple of hours (since Art got off of work earlier than expected), so I should really attempt to tear myself away from the computer so I can go pack and get ready. You should know that I'm a rare bird: I can pack quickly, I don't bring more outfits than I need, and I almost never forget anything.

Are you jealous yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So let me know how your trip to Oregon went. I'm happy that Art get's to do this. Hopefully talk to you on Sunday, unless you get home on Saturday. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should monitor my packing. I take forever, make five trips back to get things after the car is already started, and only wear half my clothes. Dang it! I AM jealous! :)