November 12, 2008

World Famous Spinach Dip Strikes Again!

Once upon a very long time ago, I posted about spinach dip. At that time, I was involved in a life group hosted by my cousin Erin, and as a group, we had decided that each week, one person would be in charge of bringing a snack.

When it was going to by my turn, I decided that I wasn't going to bring store-bought chips or cookies (as I am so apt to do, especially since I don't really bake or cook). I went on the internet instead, and searched for some good homemade snacks. When I came across the words "spinach dip", I was done. You can't go wrong with spinach dip.

I looked for some recipes, combined the two easiest and yummy-sounding, and came up with my very own Spinach Dip Recipe! Now, I could link back to when I first posted it, but I don't feel like looking for it. It's such an easy recipe, that I'm just going to type it out again!

Here it is:

1 10oz package of frozen chopped spinach
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1-2 cups shredded cheese (optional)

Step 1. Thaw and drain the spinach
Step 2. Mix everything together
Step 3. Bake it at 350 F for 15 minutes.

OR

Leave out the shredded cheese and serve it cold!

See? Easy peasy, and REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY good. I made tonight for my current Bible study, and, as predicted, it was a hit. Someone even asked for the recipe, which I happily scribbled out for them on a scrap piece of paper, right then and there.

And just in case I'm not already amazing enough (jokes jokes), I made a double batch so my husband could enjoy some as well! He's never tasted it, and I figured it wasn't fair of me to make some, and not let him have any. Plus, he begged me.

So there you have it. Whip it up in mere minutes and share with some friends, or hide away and eat all of it yourself. It's THAT good.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

Keanan said...

Yay! A spinach dip that doesn't include crab, or red peppers, or watercrests!

Just tastyness.

I see you're adjusting to the Imperial System quite well. :)

Just remember, it's 60 miles/hour, not 60 km/hour, and you'll do fine.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jenene, I'm sure it was delicious. What did Art think?

Jenene said...

Mom - Art loved it.

Keanan - Haha, thanks for the reminder. :D Actually, the first time I posted this recipe, I was still in Canada. I guess I've always been American at heart?

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the spinach dip. So good. Mmmm. I just about jumped up from my desk to whip up a batch, but then remembered I used up the spinach. Darn it.