November 29, 2008

Good News and Bad News

The good news is that today is Art's 24th birthday!

The bad news is that we both have bad colds that don't seem to be getting any better. We've both been sick since Sunday. I woke up that day with a cough, and it hasn't changed in six days. It's weird.

Normally colds go through several phases: fever, aches, stuffy head, runny nose, sore throat, coughing, the end. And normally the cold sneaks up on you. But not this time. It went straight for my lungs, and wasn't very subtle about it.

So basically I've been coughing my butt off for six days straight. It sucks. On the upside, I'm starting to get rock-hard abs. Coughing is a pretty good ab workout.

Art isn't coughing as much, but his symptoms all point to one thing: he's starting to suspect that he has bronchitis, but we can't afford to got to the doctor to figure it out (and get treatment). Which is really too bad, because those antibiotics work FAST. I would know. I've had bronchitis before. Twice.

I looked up natural remedies online, and I saw a list for all sorts of teas that are supposed to help. It's great to know that there are natural remedies out there, but I don't know where to get them. I've never heard of honeysuckle tea before. Where does one get honeysuckle tea?

So if you feel so inclined, would you send up a prayer for us? We would definitely appreciate that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try these dudes...

http://communityfood.coop/store/health.html

http://www.livingearthherbs.com/catalog/index.php

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better (heh) antibiotics are terrible for the bacterial flora in your intestines... they kill it all, good and bad, and after you're "all better" you'll probably have some digestive issues for quite some time.

I just got over a sinus infection that lasted 3 weeks... only eating healthy and taking minimal medication, even though the antibiotics would have kicked it in the butt. I know it sucks to be sick, but it's better for the long haul. :)