Today Canada celebrates their Thanksgiving. Practically everybody I know will be doing the turkey thing today. I was a bit sad that I wouldn't be a participant this year (I've never missed a Thanksgiving). But such is life in a different country. I am far away, and thus will not be a part of major holidays and events like I used to. But I can't say it has me down in the dumps.
Surprisingly, I'm actually quite glad that I don't have any family gatherings to attend, or any overeating to do. Today I woke up sick. Again. I don't know what this random not-feeling-well-ness is all about, but at least it's not serious. I went to church, I went grocery shopping, I attempted to eat some lunch, and none of it felt very great, so now I'm happily cozied up on the couch with the laptop. I doubt I'll move from my spot until Art gets home (except to get more water).
And hey, just because I'm not eating turkey and stuffing (or eating at all, for that matter) doesn't mean that I can't be grateful for all that God has done, and is doing, in my life.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Hopefully you're still on for our chat, I have to finish cleaning the house first, since there are *others* in this house who are allergic to housework...
You'll get to celebrate big Thanksgiving festivities in November, so that's something to look forward to!
Post a Comment