October 10, 2008

Food for Thought

So I was sick on Tuesday; I don't know what it was, but I'm glad it's gone. I felt much better on Wednesday, but then I ruined it by not eating much during the day, and eating A LOT of sweets late in the evening. That made for a pukey-feeling night. Thankfully it was just a feeling, and not a fact. (Side note: Art and I went for a walk on Wednesday, it was nice and relaxing, and special. It's such a simple yet wonderful way to spend time with my husband. I love being married).

On Thursday, I felt ill for OTHER reasons (ahem), and again, I didn't eat a lot. Towards late evening, I was feeling mostly fine, and hungry. Plus, I knew that I should probably get some food in my stomach, whether I felt like it or not. So I did. And I over-ate. Guess how I was feeling at night? Yup. Pukey. Again, I managed to stick to feelings. I also learned my lesson.

Today I felt mostly normal again, and I ate small portions of food throughout the day. So barring an actual virus, I won't be reporting any sickness of my own making. And hopefully, I'll remember this the next time my eyes are bigger than my stomach, and it's past 8pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better for good!
I'm off to overeat on some turkey...I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't tell you that.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

MammaMayMiller said...

Um. You know you were joking about being pregnant the other day??? ... You sure you were only joking?!?