That's what Art told me to title my post. Why? Because we went to the garbage dump today.
Art switched cars with his dad last weekend, so we've been driving his dad's truck around for a week. His parents are coming up today, which means that the cars will be switched back. I told Art that we had to get rid of the futon TODAY. It's been sitting in the carport for a few weeks, and I was adamant that it will not be there when my mom and sister show up in two weeks.
So we piled it into the truck, along with a ton of other garbage and recycling that can't be picked up. (Which I think is incredibly retarded. Did I ever tell you? Our garbage and recycling only get picked up once a month, and we have three small bins for recycling: one for newspaper, one for scrap paper, and one for bottles and cans. That's it. So milk cartons, jars, cereal boxes, ice cream tubs, and all manner of cardboard and plastic just piles up, until you're forced to take it to the dump, or stuff it into your overflowing garbage can, which is the only amount of garbage you're allowed to put out. You can't have a can and multiple bags sitting around it. If you want two garbage cans, fine, but you have to clear it with them so that they can charge you extra. And if you want your garbage picked up more than once a month, they charge you extra. It's such an inconvenient system!)
We loaded up the truck, and headed to Ferndale, which is about 15-20 minutes away. I've never been to a dump before. And I definitely don't want to go back anytime soon. It stinks SO bad!! I'm sure I didn't need to tell you that, I mean, it's a dump, but now I know! I hope the people who work there get paid A LOT.
The cool thing is that it's really organized. There's one section with several large bins just for garbage, then there's another area just for recycling, and separate bins for everything. I also saw areas where you can dump construction materials, tree branches, even concrete scraps!
So that's the dump. Now I've been there. Now I need to take several showers.
No comments:
Post a Comment