...comes very little sleep.
My mom and sister and niece arrived yesterday. Praise God that Kiera did not "suffer" on the plane. We were all praying that she wouldn't fuss or cry, and apparently, she was an angel. She even managed a short nap en route.
So we got all there stuff here, unpacked, and then headed to Bellingham for dinner. We indulged Elleah, who LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES IHOP. She was not disappointed. Then we went to Target to buy an air mattress for Mom and Elleah to sleep on. Yup, we managed to get that ding dang bunk bed out just in time.
So we came back with our $30 air mattress, opened up the box and were told that the air pump had to charge for 12 hours before we could inflate the bed. Unfortunately, my mom and sister are not the type of people who want to stay up for 12 hours waiting for the pump to charge.
Plan B: pull out the Hide-A-Bed. Yes, our couch is also a hide-a-bed. I am SO THANKFUL right now. But anyway, that wasn't actually the point of this post. Did you read the title? Yes, I'm getting to that.
Anyway, they brought with them a collapsible playpen for Kiera to sleep in, so we set that up right away, and before long, it was time for bed.
Or so we thought.
I guess Kiera doesn't sleep well in other places that are not her crib at home. Read: she didn't sleep. So neither did we. She cried. We did not cry with her. Well, I didn't. I can't speak for my mom or sister, who had her in their bed most of the night. In fact, I think Art is the only one who actually got more than a couple hours sleep!
So I think we're all a little tired, including Kiera, although she doesn't show it as quickly, probably because she's so excited to be around five cool people 24/7. Kiera is actually napping as I type this. Lucky duck.
Here's hoping we all sleep through the night tonight!
Ooh, click here to read Elleah's version, and see some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment