January 19, 2009

Sundry. Assorted. Miscellaneous. And Other Synonyms.

Have I been on vacation or something?!

Sorry for not being around lately. There really hasn't been a lot going on around here.

Art's dad came over last Monday to bring Art's car to a non-idiot mechanic. Still waiting to hear something from the guy.

Art has had a couple of interviews. We haven't heard anything, so I guess he didn't get either of those jobs.

I was going to have a girl movie night last Friday, but then it didn't happen. Kind of bummed. I have been trying to vaguely plan one for months, and then we finally picked a day, instead of just saying, "hey, we should get together and watch these movies!" And I was REALLY looking forward to it. But it was not so. My friends came over and we watched Prince Caspian instead. Followed by We Own The Night. Great movies, great friends, but still. Not what I had hoped for.

The next day was UFC 91 at our place. I know it might seem weird that I like UFC. I don't see it as horrible and violent. These guys are highly trained fighters. Like boxers. Or wrestlers. Or anybody who practices any form of martial arts. Except that these fighters are trained in all of the above. Which is why they are called Ultimate Fighters. The big one is coming up on Jan.31, and I am beyond excited. It's gonna be huge.

Yesterday, I talked to Art, and we decided that we are going to get serious about money. We're officially going on a spending freeze. We will not buy anything that we do not absolutely have to. And I want to tell people, because then we don't have any of the, "why won't you go out for dinner with us?" awkwardness. If people know in advance, then we have their support, and it will make it that much easier.

Also, Art called to cancel our phone and cable services from Comcast. We're switching our phone service to Vonage, and just keeping internet with Comcast. We're going to be saving a lot of money that way. We really don't watch tv, except for UFC fights (which only happen once a month) and the Super Bowl, which only happens once a year. And other people have tv's.

Today is our six month anniversary. We're calling it our Half anniversary. Someone on Facebook asked us how we're celebrating. I told them that we had a romantic day of doing the dishes and laundry, and now he's at work. I'm joking, obviously. Not about what we did today. But about how those activities count as a celebration.

Art's mom gave us a Subway card with tons of points on it, and it will get us, like, three free footlongs. Since they are discontinuing the points very soon, I suggested that we use it. So he's bringing me free Subway. THAT is how celebrating is done, folks. :D

Oh, and I'm a little more than halfway done my second puzzle that I got for Christmas. I think I've been working on it for over two weeks. It's HARD!!! But in a good way. I am determined. I will conquer it. It will get finished.

We haven't taken our Christmas tree down yet. What am I waiting for, inspiration?

I swear, when I started typing this post, it was perfectly sunny. Then I look up from my laptop, and this huge, thick fog rolled in from nowhere. Crazy.

And now your life is complete, because you know everything that happened in my life these past seven days. As a bonus, I'm going to tell you what will happen in my life in the next couple of hours (barring an earthquake or Jesus' second coming): I'm going to take a shower, and my friends are coming over to watch a Conservative talk show. Can you feel the excitement?

3 comments:

Crystal said...

i loooove puzzles. :)

Crystal said...

i also love reading cake wrecks and i always visit it after visiting your blog. :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging Jenene. I don't mind reading about mundane things like you cleaned or washed dishes, etc...cause it helps me deal with the fact that you are so far away. Thank God for the internet! Love you.