It seems that since I got married, I'm suddenly facing my least favorite foods more and more. Does that mean that Art likes all the foods that I don't like? They say that opposites attract...
I decided to compile a list. Here they are, in no particular, my most detestable edibles:
Zucchini - My mom insists that it has no taste. I insist that she's lying. (Just kidding, mom)
Lemon(s) - Which got its own post.
Cottage cheese - Art made me taste it with pineapple. It didn't make it any better.
Onions - They make me feel gross.
Blueberries - I know, it's practically the same as hating puppies. Which I don't.
Nuts - My mom likes to snack on almonds. Art likes to snack on cashews. I like to snack on NOT those things
Dill pickle chips - I don't actually know a lot of people who like this flavor. My favorite is All Dressed. Sadly, you can't get them in America. And I know I only live 15 minutes from the border, but we are not driving to Canada JUST to get some chips. Also, they're not good for you. :(
Bean sprouts - My mom made me and my sister eat them once. It took us all evening. Why, mom? WHY?!
Brussels sprouts - What's funny is that I used to love them as a kid. What was wrong with me?
Bologna - Something else I ate A LOT when I was a child. With ketchup. Are you gagging yet?
Crest toothpaste - Okay, okay, it's not a food. But the taste just gives me the heeby jeebies.
Avocado/Guacamole - I tried it. I don't like. The end.
Broccoli - I'll only eat it raw, with dip.
Cooked vegetables in general - see above.
Mussels - I tried one, and it wasn't bad. I tried another one, and that was the end of that.
Cabbage - What can I say about it? I don't like it. That's why it's on this list. Duh.
Spicy peppers - Because they're spicy. And spicy doesn't make me feel good.
Cranberries/Cranberry juice - Makes my mouth dry.
Asparagus - yep.
Salmon - This one is kind of iffy. I've had it twice where it was absolutely delicious. And I've had it a bunch of times where it was bland and gross. When faced with the choice at a restaurant, I almost definitely won't pick this for my entree.
Fettuccine Alfredo - Okay, so it's not my least favorite food. But I prefer pastas with other sauces, like marinara. Alfredo is so................thick. And heavy.
French toast - I don't know why. Really. I don't.
Waffles - Again, not my least favorite. If I had to choose between waffles and salmon, I'd definitely choose waffles. But they're so filling! I eat one, and I'm full for half the day.
Popcorn - Salty or sweet, doesn't matter. I'm not a fan.
Bagels - I think it's the "thick and heavy and filling" factor.
**Okay, you're going to have to help me with this one. You know those snacks that moms love to serve at kids' birthday parties? They're kind of like cheezies, but they're white, and kind of styrofoam-y? And they have funny shapes? Anyone? Well, I HATE those with a PASSION. Even when I was a kid. Grossness all the way.**
Black licorice - I don't think I have to explain this one. Only really special people like black licorice. (If you're one of them, I mean no offense.)
Sour candies - My sister looooooooooooooves Sour Patch Kids, and Sour Skittles, and the like. I much prefer not sour, and chewy. Like Ju Jubes. Mmmmmmmm...
M&M's - Well, I don't hate them. But I grew up with Canadian Smarties, and to those I will be forever faithful.
Ice cream - Well, that's not really true. I do like ice cream. Especially gelato. But if I had to choose between ice cream, and some other sweet, like cake or pie or cookies or candy, I can pretty much guarantee I'll pass up the ice cream. Except for Oreo ice cream. That I'll eat a whole tub of, by myself. Art? Valentine's Day?
Well, that's all I can think of for now. That's a pretty long list, actually. Hey, I have an idea. Why don't YOU make a list of YOUR least favorite foods, and why. Or most favorite. Or something. I'd like to read it.
12 comments:
Those white styrofoam things are popcorn twists. Kiera loves those. We've been going to our friend's house for games nights and she always has those there. One of Jared's favorite candies are peanut butter M & M's. Waffles and french toast are my favorite breakfast foods! The only toothpaste I like is Crest. I really like lemons and ordered water with a lemon in it quite a few times in Florida. Apparently we're quite different from each other, which I already knew. Oh, and you're hilarious!
jenene, you just listed like... all of my favorite foods... except fish. i can't handle fish. but m&m's? waffles? ice cream? POPCORN? BAGELS?? FETTUCCINE ALFREDO?????? oh come on... avacados are so yummy... marge and i had been eating them all summer... and i really do love dill pickle chips (but i don't know a lot of people who like those either). zucchini is so YUM fried with salt and pepper actually this post just made me really hungry.
Okay Jenene I actually like most of the foods you said you didn't like which comes as no surprise. I like pretty much any vegetable. I don't like overly spicy foods. Some seafood like mussels I'm scared to try. I'm not a big fan of cottage cheese or cottage cheese perogies. I don't really like to drink milk. I know this might sound gross or weird but I actually like cake or cookies soaked in milk and then eat it with a spoon. Used to do this quite often when I was younger. I love icecream, date squares, lemon pie, and almost any dessert with graham wafer crumbs. Too bad sweets are fattening and not good for you in general. Another unhealthy thing I like is chips. I'm trying to avoid eating these foods or at least keep it down to a bare minimum. Anyways there's a little food for thought!
"My mom likes to snack on almonds. Art likes to snack on cashews. I like to snack on NOT those things."
Hahaha! Brilliant!
I would have to disagree with your M&M statement... I am also proud to be Canadian, but with Smarties you can taste the dye, and the chocolate in M&Ms is better...
Popcorn twists! Thanks Elleah! I was typing all sorts of things into Google, but I couldn't figure it out!
Do you like cilantro? I read one time that people who love cilantro hate black licorice, and vice versa. Of the 30+ people I've asked, it's always been true. Except one. Me. I used to HATE cilantro (90% of my family does too) and LOVE black licorice (same 90%), until I went to Mexico and had one of the greatest meals of my life, with cilantro in it. Now I love both. But I've never met anyone else who does.
I also love about half the things you listed, and hate about half of them right along with ya!
That was a wonderful list--fun to read! I think I will do the same on my blog, though since it's private, if you want to read it you'll have to email me so I can invite you. I'm pretty sure I can trust you! If you're interested: karrmj@gmail.com
I like Dill Pickle chips... And I much prefer M & M's to Smarties... sorry! But, I am with you on the black licorice. YUCK!
Um, a shorter list would have been the foods you DO like ;)
I think I love most things on your hate list. In fact, I'm cooking cabbage and onions right now...
Post a Comment