I bought a bathrobe on Thursday. I've been wanting a bathrobe for quite some time now. I went shopping with Sozan, and Wayne's brother Phil, and we stopped in at American Eagle, and I saw it, and it was on sale. So I bought it. It's not made of terrycloth. It's made of something WAY softer. It's white. It's perfect. So just as soon as I wash it, I can wear it.
On Friday, I finally had a chance to go to Mount Baker! My new winter boots came in, and Sozan has an extra pair of snow pants and a matching parka. In bright yellow. I couldn't get lost if I tried. We purchased a few snow saucers, packed a lunch and a change of clothes each, and headed up to the mountain for a few fun hours of sledding.
Actually, it's almost a miracle that we got to go at all. We got an unusual amount of snow in December, and then it melted. Plus, it's been raining a lot. There's quite a bit of flooding around here, and along the main road up to Baker, there was even a huge mudslide. The road opened mere hours before got there. I have never seen a mudslide before, but I saw the effects of it. Unbelievable. Messy. So many trees and houses ruined. Cleanup will last for weeks.
In other places, large parts of the road are covered with deep water that is just shallow enough to be considered drivable. One of these "puddles" proved to be too much for Sozan's car. It took the rear bumper off. Yes, that's right. Her bumper FELL OFF. This doesn't say so much about the water as it does about her bumper, which was attached by a wire on one side, and plastic screws on the other.
It sucked then, but it's kind of funny now. We were forced to leave the bumper in the ditch. (Did you know that you can get a ticket for not having a bumper on your car? It didn't happen, but we were all afraid that it would. I have never heard of that before. It's not like it's a key ingredient for safe driving).
On Saturday, I was sitting at home, all comfy in my pajamas, happily occupied with the laptop, when suddenly my friends showed up at my house. I had no idea they were coming over, so I was a bit embarrassed, especially since it was 2:30pm. In my defense, I wasn't planning on doing anything that day besides cleaning, so why would I need to change my clothes?
My friends didn't stay for long, but just before they left, they informed me that I was going to Oak Harbor. I looked at Art (who had just gotten home from work) and asked when he had planned on letting me know. His reply? "We're leaving in an hour. And you need to pack some clothes. Because we're staying overnight."
We need to work on this advance notice thing. He should know by now that I like to plan ahead, and even when I plan on doing nothing, to me, it's still a plan. In HIS defense, he didn't have much notice either. A friend of ours from Oak Harbor texted Art while Art was on his way home from work, and asked us to come down to meet his new girlfriend, who was visiting from California.
Of course, Art isn't as much of a planner as I am, so he was fine with the short notice. But I had a lot more to do than he did in terms of getting ready. I had to put on makeup. I had to go from schlumpy to beautiful, and pack for an overnight stay, in less than an hour. It didn't happen.
Despite the sudden change in plans, the weekend was quite fun (other than sleeping on the hard floor at Art's parents house). Cameron's girlfriend is very pretty (and very nice). We had pizza, played Apples to Apples (which I can never get enough of), and watched Rocketman. Also, Art had a ton of sugar and caffeine. And he doesn't exactly need help in the "getting hyper" department.
We went to Art's former home church this morning (which is also where we met for the very fist time), had Starbucks and Chinese "buppet" (buffet) for lunch, and hung out with Art's parents' friends for a couple of hours. They watched a football game on a HUGE flat screen TV. Huge. Probably as wide as I am tall.
So yeah, it's been a pretty eventful four days. I have more news than that, but it deserves its own post. Mostly because this one is already long enough. I gotta learn how to be more concise. And just in case you're wondering what my "more news" is, I'm not pregnant.
1 comment:
Hey Jenene, that was quite an eventful weekend you had. You didn't tell me on Saturday about the flooding and mud slides. Was there still danger of more when you were in the area? Right now it's far from anything melting outside. It is reeeeeealy cold. Although by the end of the week is suppose to go to -1. Hope it's true. TAlk to you later.
Post a Comment