Was slightly less exciting than I thought it was going to be. I went grocery shopping at 5:00, got back at 6:00, and then hurried to get myself and the house clean before our guests arrived at 8:00.
Which none of them did.
Wayne's brother Phil got back from Thailand on the 31st, so Art and Wayne went to pick him up. They were the first ones to arrive, at 8:30. Joe* had to work in the morning, so he didn't come to our party, which I think was silly, but whatever. Mari* never showed up either, for mysterious reasons that shall never be known. And Sozan had to work until 10:00, so she showed up a little later.
So it was just me and the guys, for two hours. Watching them each on their own computers, being all nerdy and anti-social. And I did a puzzle. Which I guess makes me nerdy and anti-social too.
When Sozan finally showed up, it took another half hour to coax people into playing a little Apples to Apples. I had kind of hoped for a fun game night, but settled for a fun game hour.
We counted down with the TV and watched fireworks explode off the Space Needle. And had pink champagne mimosas. And I got my very first New Year's kiss, which might not seem like a big deal to most people, but while we were dating, not being with Art for New Year's royally sucked. I had been looking forward to that moment for a very long time.
So despite the fact that our party was less than spectacular, I'm still glad I got to spend it with Art and our friends.
*They made up for it by joining us this evening for a rousing game of Would You Rather. Fun, thought-provoking, and potentially controversial board game, if ever there was one.
3 comments:
After 3 years of marriage, Jared + I were on separate couches during the countdown and Kiera was on my lap, so I gave her a kiss instead.
Yay for the New Year's kiss! And I'm glad that you got to play the games still...games night rule!
I actually have the game Would You Rather, but unfortunately have only played it once, with my family. They do not take to new games well, let's just say.
Hi guys, I'm sorry your new year's eve was less than spectacular. Oh well, at least you got to spend it together like you said. Ours was fairly quiet but nice. We spent it with John & Julie and Ken & Carla, so no surprises there. We ate and visited till 1:45 a.m. At least we didn't have far to go to get home. Love and miss you.
Post a Comment