Remind me not make predictions about the future. Apparently, I'm not very good at it.
At the end of yesterday's post, I "foretold" the next two hours. I said that I would take a shower, and then have friends over to watch a conservative talk show.
Well, thankfully, the shower part was true. But when Art got home from work, he was the only one who walked into the house. My friends never showed up. So much for that plan.
Also, yesterday was the first full day of our spending freeze, but we still found a way to have Subway for dinner: a free Subway card with tons of points on it. But wouldn't you know it. When Art went to pick up dinner, their internet was broken!!! So..........................he had to pay.
C'mon God. A little help here?
In all fairness, he could have refused to pay, not taken the subs, and cooked something at home instead. But we were both looking forward to it, and it was our half anniversary. Plus, there were cookies. Cooooooooookiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeessss......................................................
Sorry, back to reality.
Anyway, we'll mark this as a flub, and vow to never let it happen again. I do have to say that I don't entirely regret that it happened. It was so worth it. Plus also too, it was all part of the celebration. After we ate our subs, we decided to watch a romantic movie called I, Robot, and we finished off our New Years pink champagne. With orange juice. Yep, our lives are definitely the stuff of fairy tales.
Speaking of mimosas, did I ever tell you guys that we drank them every day on our honeymoon? At breakfast? It didn't occur to me until the third day that we were drinking alcohol in the morning, and that that is not considered "normal behavior." That getting drunk* in the AM is "frowned upon." That people might view us as "alcoholics." I think it's time to stop using so many "quotation marks." (Chris Farley? Anyone?)
*That was a joke. We never got drunk. One mimosa at breakfast, and another at dinner, could not do that to you. Unless you were an extreme lightweight. Like, even more than I am.
2 comments:
Happy Belated Halfiversary!
Looks like we both cheated a little in our goals :P
Good luck with the no-spending. And I'm glad the Subway was worth it. I can't wait until I can have those cookies again!
Jenene I like the way you put things on your blogs. You are good at describing things and funny I might add. Love you.
Post a Comment