So I got dressed in regular clothes because I thought I was going out today, and then I didn't do anything after all. How annoying is that.
(Seriously, if you didn't have a job, or a car, and only a few friends, and all those friends either work or go to school, so you're pretty certain that you're not going to see anyone, wouldn't YOU stay in your pajamas all day?)
I finally did the dishes today. Which means I didn't do them yesterday. Because I didn't feel like it. And then I sat around yesterday evening whining to myself about how bored I was. But I didn't want to do housework. I wanted to do something fun! But I was alone. So playing a game was pretty much out of the option. And I don't want to develop a split personality from playing board games with myself.
Guess what we're doing tomorrow: going to the dump!! I know, I finally get to leave the house for an actual reason, and this is why. Exciting, is it not? But seriously. The garbage just builds up in the carport, and we have the truck, and Art just got his car back (yay!), so his dad wants the truck back. Which means we gotta make hay while the sun shines.
And I'm sorry to tell you that I did not separate garbage from recycling. Cardboard boxes were flattened and stuffed in big bags with whatever else is considered "real" garbage. I support recycling and all, but considering how crappy our garbage and recycling program is....I just didn't want to deal with it. I am not green. Which isn't completely awful, because I don't believe in global warming.
*GASP*
Yes, that's right. I think it's rubbish and nonsense. The earth's temperature fluctuates constantly, and we can't do anything to help it or hinder it. Co2 is good for plants, it makes up such small percentage of all the gases in the atmosphere, and our earth will not burn up because of it. So there you go. Relax. If you're going to make "green" choices, do it for your own personal and financial health. Not because you think you're helping to save or destroy our globe.
Well, enough of that controversy. I have some vacuuming to do, and I've been putting it off for FAR too long. I'm ashamed that I let our kitchen floor get so bad. That ends right now.
5 comments:
I am a huge fan of recycling mostly because it makes me feel like I'm doing something good. I have no idea whether or not global warming is true...it's definitely not true here!
I have true feelings of sympathy... When Clint & I got married, I also could not work, had no car..etc.. It was pretty difficult. I ended up volunteering at a local church the elementary school. Both in walking distance, and it gave me a sense of purpose.
I hope your paper-process will work itself out quickly.
All the best from the cold North :)
That was supposed to say "AND the elementary school."
Oh, the little one below IS beautiful. Just gorgeous!
2) Yes. I would stay in my pajamas all day. No question about it.
3) I agree on global warming. There is no such thing - at least not man-made. I'm frugal, which often is the most "green" way to live.
4) Hang in there, girl. Crawl up close there to your Father God - don't stop asking Him for what you need. We've been through some really tough times the last few years (lost a home we were selling when we floated a personal loan and the family went bankrupt; my husband was unemployed last year for five months *with a pregnant wife who had a high risk pregnancy * and 7 other children...) but the Lord provided for us with no govt. help at all. In retrospect, though, I can see that He allowed us to be in those positions so that we could experience His care and provision. If we are never in the place that we NEED Him to come through - how will we see His hand and how will we rely on Him? Otherwise, we might go through our lives relying on our own strength or abilities - and we miss knowing Him in that way.
I'll pray for you, Jenene.
(())
If I stay in my pjs all day, I get nothing done. See, I'm in my pjs now and all I did today was vaccuum and I really need to do laundry.
I agree that if we're gonna be green it should be an act of personal conscious, not to "save the world." I'm a big fan of recycling and reusing objects, because I believe in being responsible with the resources we have been blessed with so abundantly. That said, I think our recycling program is basically a joke. It could be much better. In other countries they have much less to use and don't have the luxury to just throw everything away.
Post a Comment