Art and I had this conversation at 12:30 last night:
Art: "So...........16 x 7...............so that's..............112? Yeah, 112. Jenene, remember that number."
Me, sleepily: "112"
Art: "Wait................that's not right. Uh....................16 x 0.7! What's that?"
Me: "11.2"
Art: "Okay. Wait. Something's missing....................................Oh! It's 160 x 0.7."
Me: "That's still 112."
Art: "Right. So 160 x 0.8.............so that's 80 + 48.............so that's 128. Okay, so, 128 - 112?"
Me: "112"
Art: "128 - 112 is................16? 16. Wow. That's almost a two-block meal."
Me: "I really wish I knew what was going on."
Art: "Well, I'm just comparing different activity levels."
Me: "Never mind, I don't want to know after all."
Art: "You don't?"
Me: "Well, not right now. I'm afraid you'll explain it me."
Yup, this was last night's pillow talk. Did I mention it was at 12:30 at NIGHT? And for once, I was actually tired by that point. I went to bed before Art, and I fell asleep JUST before he came to bed and started up with calculations.
The math actually makes sense. I have a vague understanding of what he was doing, but it hurt my brain to try and think about it at that point. It has to do with calculating carbs vs. fats vs. protein in each meal. He does the math to make sure each meal is balanced. I leave it up to him, because I don't think I could ever grasp the concept.
Aren't we just the nerdiest couple you've ever heard of???
7 comments:
Nerdy, well maybe. I'm just glad I don't have to figure those kinds of things out. I have a booklet that actually spells out the carbs, fat, protein thing. Not that I'm following it right now. Oh well glad to hear things are relatively normal with you two. Love you.
Haha, that's hilarious! I heart math...
Well, at least you're not figuring out html codes and plugging in hexadecimal color codes to change the color of your blog, although maybe turning food into math is just as bad.
pillow talk
–noun
private conversation, endearments, or confidences exchanged in bed or in intimate circumstances between spouses or lovers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin:
1935–40
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
So, either I shouldn't have published it on my blog, or I shouldn't have considered it pillow talk? :D
haha, oh genener, i was just laughing at how you described this conversation as pillow talk and then found myself musing about how we often think of marriage as one long romantic honeymoon. endearments... such a sweet definition... but what do REAL people talk about as they fall asleep? blocked meals and multiplivision.
you are nerdy, but you are also adorable!!!
Post a Comment