Okay okay okay okay okay, I guess I really need to have a separate post about the proposal, in more detail. So if anybody was wanting to hear a better story, here it is. And, if you are on my Facebook, then you may have already read my note there. This is from that Facebook note, verbatim.
This is how it went down, as far as I remember.
My plane landed in Vancouver on Thursday evening, Sept.13. Art drove me to his home after picking me up from the airport. I was SO hungry, so all I could think about was food, and I kept begging him to go out to eat, or just to get some food somehow. But he wanted to show me his place first.
I had just bought a CD, so I put that music on, and he showed me around. The best and last thing he wanted to show me was his "fireplace." (It turns on with a switch, so it's not really real, but I don't care, it's still sweet that he has one.) So he got the "fire" going, turned off the lights, and we sat down on the floor in front of it, cuddling.
Then I remembered that I had got him some exclusively Canadian treats, and I asked him if I should go get them. He said, "no, just stay here for a while."
And then, "I actually got you something too."
Me: "Really?"
Art: "Yeah, I have a gift for you........and a question."
Me (on the outside): "Ok." (on the inside): "YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!:D:D:D
So he popped the question, I said yes about 83 times and hugged him and squealed and kissed him and squealed, and then he said, "you haven't even seen the ring yet!"
My reply? "Idon'tcareIloveyou!!!!!"
But then he got the ring out and put it on my finger (at that point I started crying. In a good way). Then he had another surprise for me.
He had his brother and his friend set up the fire pit in the backyard, and we went out there and roasted hot dogs, and marshmallows for smores, and it was dark and quiet, so we could see the stars, and it was just absolutely perfect. I mean, I love my fancy dinners at nice restaurants, but I was SO hungry, and also I didn't want a public proposal.
This was private and intimate, plus it was at his house (which will eventually be our house), so my first memories there are sweet and romantic.
The date is set for July 19, 2008. I can't wait!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment