September 24, 2007

My Summer Vacation...

...happened last week. That's right, I didn't take any time off this summer, just so I could leave for a few days in September. And those few days were amazing. I went on that specific weekend so I could go on the college annual fall retreat.

I saw Art, I saw friends and former teachers, I sat in on some of Art's classes, and I went to work with him (yeah, he couldn't get that much time off, but it wasn't too bad). So, here's the rundown.

I got there Thursday evening, Sept. 13.

The next day, I went to class with him, and then it was off to retreat at the beautiful RockRidge Canyon.


This is the main lodge.

The cabin we all stayed in is on the left.

This is the the beach and lake (that they made) and The Blob in the background.

This is Art being launched off The Blob (he sits at the far end, someone jumps on to the near end, and up he goes!)


These are 2 of my friends from college (and there aren't many left there that I know, because it's been over a year since I graduated).

When the weekend was over, I went to work with Art, and he had 3 shifts. As you can imagine, I got a lot of reading done. And napping. And good food. Art is a bellman at this 4-Diamond resort.
This is the front entrance of the Semiahmoo Resort.

As soon as you walk in, this is what you see. (The front desk is on the left, the rest of that staircase is to the right).

This is the back of the hotel. And if you turn around from here, you see this:

That's Whiterock (in Canada)

You can see the beach and Whiterock while sitting here. I took a nap in one of these chairs.

I also sat here a lot. It was warm, and perfect for reading.


This is the library. I had breakfast here one morning (practically served on a silver platter).

This is in the lobby.

So is this.

If you happen to be pulling up to the resort around 7am on a clear day, this is what you'll see. That's Mount Baker.

And finally:
This is the ring Art gave me. :o

That's right, my dear Arthur proposed the same evening I got there, while we were cuddling in front of his fireplace. And I said yes. So the wedding is set for July 19, and I'm going to be moving out there.

As you can see from all the pictures, life is going to be pretty tough out there ;)....(did I mention he lives 10 minutes from all of that?) Yup. And that was my summer vacation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jenene!! You probably don't know me as I had left NHG by the time you got there but I used to do the Payroll there.

Roo said...

YAH!!! JENENE!! such a pretty ring and such a pretty spot to propose!! looks like your own little garden of eden. so happy for you.

Roo said...

ps -- where will the wedding be held? here or there?

Anonymous said...

Again, congratulations. So very excited for you guys!