One of the executives of the company I work for asked me this week if I was stressing over wedding plans. I said yes, albeit sheepishly. He seemed a bit shocked, and told me to relax, that I should enjoy my engagement for awhile.
Oh, I AM enjoying my engagement! But consider these facts:
a) I'm a girl
b) I knew I was going to marry Art from the beginning
c) I'm a girl
I have been planning this wedding for well over a year now. So now that my engagement is actually official, I'm eager to get on with the plans! And I'm not really that stressed. Most things that I have to plan are already in my head, just waiting to be made real.
The only thing I'm really stressing about right now is the Guest List. Need I say more? Next week I'm meeting with the lady that runs the hall where I'm having my reception, and I would like to give her a semi-accurate number.
I know that revisions will be made to this guest list as the weeks go by, but I'd like to get it out of the way now, so that revisions won't be a nightmare later on.
So, what else have I accomplished in the 3 weeks since Art popped the question?
- Booked the church
- Asked my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaids
- Bought invitation paper (just yesterday actually)
- Booked a photographer (I'm meeting with her tonight)
- Started thinking about songs that we would like to have at our dance
Of course, we must add this list to the things I got accomplished BEFORE he popped the question:
- Bought my wedding dress. And veil. And tiara/headband. And shoes (which I had already)
- Picked a day and booked the reception hall (the dates fill up quickly!)
- Found music that I may potentially walk down the aisle to (accidentally, I was just listening to music, and there it was!)
And then there are the things that I already know, but they haven't materialized yet:
- The MC
- The officiant
- The center pieces
- The flowers
- The church decorations
- How the processional is going to go
- Where I want our pictures taken
- Where I want the invitations printed
Oh yeah, you know it. This thing will be planned by Christmas. Well, probably not, but I'm so excited and eager, I probably COULD have it all done by then. I'll keep you updated, hopefully with pictures in the near future.
2 comments:
i'll be your officient. ;)
just kidding.
well done on the plans!
So much fun. I hope you enjoy every last minute of it. Suddenly you'll be married for 6 years...sigh. I loved planning our wedding. It was great. So have fun, stay relaxed and love, love, love it.
Post a Comment