April 25, 2007

Happy Hands and Other Good Things

I had the best vacation ever.

I think I needed to take that time off. Not that I was stressed, but it felt so good to be away from the ordinary for a while. I spent 5 wonderful days on the west coast. It was warm, and everything is green and blooming, and the mountain air combined with the ocean air makes for Jenene taking deep breaths every time she's outside. Glorious!

I got to be with Art, hang out with my friends and see them graduate. I also got to dress up and go out for dinner, go on dates, go to the beach, and watch way too much TV.

AND I got to spend a day with Art at his job (b/c he had to work on the Friday that I was there). Art is a bellman at a 4-diamond Resort Golf Spa (and he is very good at what he does, he makes some pretty sweet tips). Anyway, we wanted to be together as much as possible, so I went with him to work.

The hotel is BEAUTIFUL! I mean, it's on the coast, it only has the #1 golf course in the state, so what can you expect? Yeah. There are so many lounge areas, with plush couches and chairs, all looking out towards the bay, and there's always a fireplace near by. The rooms are so cozy, definitely not your typical hotel rooms.

And the restaurants. Oh, the restaurants. Great food, great service, great atmosphere, not-so-great prices (if great = cheap). But it's a freaking resort. Of course it's high-class, top-quality and slightly pricey. Oh, and did I mention the spa?

When you go in for a spa treatment, they send you down the hall to a quiet room. It's a softly lit room with more plush chairs, soft soothing music playing, fresh beverages of your choice, and of course, a fire place. It's so cozy warm in there, and the whole point of that room is to relax you before your spa treatment. And talk about royal treatment.

For a manicure and pedicure you sit in a massage chair, with a heated up neck warmer, and your feet soaking in a little foot jacuzzi, and they do the cuticle treatment and the sea salt scrub and the deep massage (all the way up the arm and leg to the elbows and knees).

Then they do a paraffin wax mitt, where your feet or hands are are "soaking" in hot wax (don't worry, it doesn't burn). Then they peel that off, leaving you with the softest skin imaginable. Then comes the actual polish, and another stint in the quiet room while the polish is drying. It is heaven!

And how do I know all these things? Not because I was chatting it up with the front desk girl. My Most Wonderfulest Boyfriend On Earth BOUGHT me a professional manicure and pedicure at the resort spa.

He had been telling me for quite some time he had a surprise for me, and this was it. It was amazing. I recommend it to EVERYONE. So I spent a good 3 hours in the spa, and I felt like a queen afterward. I had been worried that I wouldn't have time to do my nails before the grad festivities, but he solved that problem for me! He is the best!!!!!

The rest of the weekend was good too: dressing up, various dinner dates, an afternoon at the beach, gelato, hanging out with friends that I hadn't seen in nearly a year. But the mani and pedi was by far the highlight. I took pictures of my lovely hands and feet, and I promise I will put some up soon.

Oh, besides the fact that it was such a wonderful gift, it also helped me complete another goal! Yay! Goal #103: get a professional pedicure. Check!

2 comments:

Erin said...

So happy to hear you had such a good time. I'm jealous of your spa experience. I also went for a pedicure/manicure last week, but it wasn't anything like that! Good for you.

Anonymous said...

ELLEAH SAYS:
I've tried posting the same comment 3 times, but I've had no indication that it worked. If you suddenly have 3 there, just delete the first 2 or something.