March 10, 2007

Goals For My Life

Once upon a time I decided to write a list of goals to accomplish in my life. This isn't 101 Goals In 1001 Days or anything. These are just all the goals that I can think of that I would like to achieve before I die.

They are in no particular order, and I don't actually expect to accomplish every single one (ex. #83 or #94), but it's fun to think about, and it keeps me motivated.

(By the way, I first wrote this list on July 29, 2006, and I had 84 then. I've now listed 112 goals, and I've accomplished 29 so far.)

1. Go skinny dipping
2. Ride in a hot-air balloon
3. See a rain forest
(check)(Aug.26/06)
4. Go to South America
5. Go to Italy
6. Go to New Zealand
7. Get a professional massage (check)(Jul.26/08)
8. Ride a train
9. Ride a train all the way across Canada
10. Go further east in Canada than Kenora, Ontario.
11. Master the English language
12. Expand my french
13. Learn Spanish
14. Write songs about things other than love and God
15. Write a song that is complex like poetry (a la Jason Mraz)
16. Write a book of poetry
17. Memorize lots of poetry
18. Memorize hundreds of verses from the Bible
19. Read the Bible cover to cover
20. Own a drawer full of cool, comfy underwear. That fits.
21. Own lots of dresses and skirts
22. Have occasions to wear all those dresses and skirts
23. Fool someone into thinking that I'm rich and somehow famous
24. Fool someone into thinking that I'm from a foreign country
25. Become a sensational piano player
26. Lead someone to Christ
27. Be excellent at mental math
28. Have rock-hard abs
29. Get lasik eye surgery
30. Obtain some useful computer skills
31. Create a giant collage
32. Learn to swing dance, line dance, and salsa dance
33. Have whiter teeth
34. Read The Silmarillion
35. Read ALL The Chronicles of Narnia
36. Have a library in my home
37. Collect one more porcelain doll (check)(Dec.7/06)
38. Have a display case for all my porcelain dolls
39. Pet a killer whale
40. Pet a lion
41. Pet a tiger
42. See any or all of these animals in their natural habitat
43. Hike up a small mountain
44. Go skydiving
45. Own an expensive, intelligent talking parrot
46. Own a high-quality digital camera (check)(Dec.24/08)
47. Learn to take really great pictures with this camera (check)(Jan./09)
48. Quit Subway and get a higher paying job (check)(Dec.19/06)
49. Pay off my loan (check)(Jul.13/07)
50. Get a new mattress (check)(Sep.14/08)
51. Own a car that isn't a piece of crap
52. Totally organize my dad's office
53. Get married to my perfect match (check)(Jul.19)
54. Have smart, beautiful children
55. Learn to cook well
56. Learn to grow something and keep it alive
57. Read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
58. Own FOTR and TTT in the extended DVD versions
59. Understand how cars work
60. Pump my own gas (check)(Aug.28/06)
61. See the sun rise over the Grand Canyon
62. Try sushi and not vomit (check)(Sep.15/08)
63. Eat frog legs
64. Own my favorite Dr. Suess book, If I Ran the Zoo (check)(Aug.3/07)
65. Learn how to use a cell phone (check)(June 2007)
66. Learn to decorate my house
67. Make a lasting and permanent difference in someones life
68. Finally do a LOTR marathon
69. Have a dream from God
70. Own Pride and Prejudice (the DVD) (check)(Sep.21/06)
71. Read Pride and Prejudice (the book) (check)(Mar.4/06)
72. Give blood
73. Pass on the Christian heritage that my grandparents passed on to me
74. Own a Bible Commentary with true contexts, meanings, and translations from Hebrew and Greek
75. Sponsor a child (check)(Apr.1/07)
76. Learn to swim underwater w/o plugging my nose
77. Sing like Eva Cassidy
78. Watch Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade ALL the way through (check)(Mar.17/07)
79. Own season 3 of Gilmore Girls (check)(May 2007)
80. Own more clothes in purple (my favorite color)
81. Know all 50 States and their capitols
82. Know the names and locations of every country in the world
83. Become un-allergic to caffeine
84. Visit Colorado
85. Have a banana split (check)(Jul.22/08)
86. Go to a Wal-Mart in the middle of the night (check)(Aug/08)
87. See a tornado (and not die)
88. Cook the best steak EVER just once. (check)(Feb.15/09)
89. I used to have something here, but I deleted it because it's kind of private. But I know what it is.

90. Sleep all day. In a large comfy bed. In a tropical place.
91. Go to an oxygen bar (check)(Aug.20/06)
92. Be in 4 states at once
93. Ride in the front of a cop car
94. See the end of the rainbow
95. Know more about rock music
96. Walk under a waterfall
97. Become a pro at whitewater rafting
98. Go to an Ikea (check)(Aug.23/06)
99. Go ice blocking (check)(Aug.26/06)
100. Go camping. For real.
101. Use an airplane bathroom (check)(Aug.23/06)
102. Get a professional manicure (check)(Sep.22/06)
103. Get a professional pedicure (check) (Apr. 20/07)
104. See a tropical rain forest (see goal #3)
105. Read The Count of Monte Cristo (It's my favorite movie) (check)(Jan.14/07)
106. Spend an entire day in a bookstore (check)(Nov.9/08)
107. Meet Tony Bennet
108. See and/or hold a Pygmy Marmoset (the smallest monkey in the world!)
109. Drive across the Confederation Bridge (11 mile bridge connecting PEI and New Brunswick)

110. Watch a rocket launching. Live. In person.
111. Send a message in a bottle
112. Attend a concert held by the one and only Eric Whitacre and his choir

That's all for now. Be sure to check back on a regular basis to see if I've achieved one or added one.

No comments: