March 27, 2007

Timber

Yeah. So...I fell down the stairs yesterday. These stairs, specifically.


Going up ........................ and going down.

They lead down to my room, which is where I was going. I did have a phone in my hand, I was talking to Art, hence my going down to my room (for privacy). Some may argue that I was distracted, like when people are driving and talking on their cell phone at the same time. But driving requires concentration.

And considering that I have lived in my house for nearly 10 years, having gone up and down those very stairs millions of times, I really didn't think that I needed to concentrate all that hard. Besides, they're carpeted steps, and it's a short staircase. How bad could it be?

Well I didn't go flying or tumbling head over heels, but man, am I ever sore! I kind of lost my footing, fell onto my butt and back, and bounced down a couple of steps. I also snapped my head back, or my neck, or something. So I had insta-headache. I have minor rug burn on my elbows, back and butt, I bruised my tail bone, and I have just general body ache.

Here's the best part: I had visited the Chiropractor only 2 hours before. *Jenene takes a bow* Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen. And for my next trick, I'm going to visit the dentist, and then I'm going to come home and have somebody punch me in the face so that they knock one of my teeth out!

Or maybe I'll just go back to the Chiropractor. I guess there's one good thing in the timing of this accident: my work benefits officially kicked in today. So I'll be taking full advantage of that. But for now I'm just going to try to be very careful.

And I might temporarily develop an unnatural fear of stairs. (It's called Climacophobia. There's a whole website devoted to helping people overcome this...disability.)


1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm laughing out loud...very funny story.