I feel as though nothing can get me down, not even cranky customers calling in, nor filing (which I hate). I am having the best day. And it is certainly needed.
I did not have that great of a weekend. It wasn't horrible. I was busy, but not crazy busy (I don't like being busy). I think part of it was because it was mine and Art's 8-month anniversary yesterday, and we barely got to talk. We were both busy the whole weekend, plus there's the time zone difference to factor in, and I really missed him. I just wanted to be able to spend some quality time on the phone, having a much-needed conversation. But his phone died.
So we tried MSN, but I hate MSN, it's so inadequate when you have a lot of catching up to do. It was our 8 month anniversary, there were only 15 minutes left in the day, and I couldn't even enjoy them the way I wanted to. It was just so disappointing, I felt the whole weekend had been wasted, and I was not in a good mood when I finally went to bed.
I prayed before I fell asleep, asking God to comfort me and change my attitude, because dwelling on my grumpiness was not going to get me the sleep I needed.
I woke up this morning very tired and hoping the day would pass by quickly, so I could get to the evening when Art and I would get to have a proper conversation. But in that 10 minutes it takes me to get from home to work, I had cheered up a little, until I was at least agreeable. By the time I went home for lunch I had reached the state of happy.
And now? Now I'm almost giddy!! My heart feels so light, and I just want to run around outside and spin in circles and breathe in all that wonderful spring air. But I'm trying to remember to direct all of that cheerfulness into praise and thankfulness to God, because it's He that made this beautiful day, and it's He who fills me with joy. He cheered me up when I needed it
"For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands." - Psalm 92:4
No comments:
Post a Comment