Greetings from Manitoba! I've been up for about half an hour, and I'm feeling good. Art is still sleeping, which is no surprise. We had a very early morning yesterday, and a short night before that, so catching up on sleep is top priority.
My sister and her kids were here when we got home from the airport, and I got to meet my nephew Blake for the first time! He's so cute! I am in love. I got to hold him and rock him to sleep, and he even cooed at me a little bit. I could definitely go for more of that.
There is a small layer of snow here. The ground is more or less covered, but it isn't a thick blanket. Art brought all his snow gear, but I don't think he'll need it. I won't complain. I said I wanted snow for Christmas, and I'm going to have snow for Christmas.
My niece is so cute! She's such a big girl now, walking and talking. The last time we saw her, she was still scooting around on her butt. Now she can run, and climb stairs, and she repeats everything we say. Which means we have to be a lot more careful what we say. I'm not saying that I swear at all (because I don't) but what if I say start talking about some idiot driver we encountered on the road, and she overhears that and decides her new favorite word is "idiot"? Perfect. I've just taught my two year old niece to insult people. I don't want to be doing that.
Anyway, I don't really have tons of news to share. The flight was uneventful, but I did watch Julie and Julia, and I loved it! Such a cute movie. And then once we landed, we came here to my parents place, and we've been relaxing and visiting. We have a family gathering tonight, and I'm really looking forward to seeing my cousins and aunts and uncles. And this morning will be spent reading and listening to the cable guy install my parents satellite. That's right. After literally years and years of hearing my dad talk about it, they are finally expanding their television experience beyond the six local channels, otherwise known around these parts as "farmer vision."
It's kind of a big deal.
Well, I'm going to eat some breakfast and get back to my $5 Barnes and Noble novel. What can I say? I love discounts.
2 comments:
I'm so happy you're there safe and sound! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!
P.S. Before my parents got satellite, we had 3 channels, but we called it peastantview ;)
I hope you had a great Christmas Jenene! Enjoy that nephew, and have fun with your family!
Post a Comment