December 21, 2009

Christmas Trip

So the house is totally clean. It feels so good to have such a clean house! Too bad we'll only be able to enjoy it for an evening.

The laundry is half done, I'm showered, Art's parents are coming over today (I think) so that we can exchange Christmas presents with them. And it just occurred to me that we don't have anything for Art's mom. Oops.

I haven't started packing yet, because the laundry isn't done yet. But I should probably at least pull out the suitcases and start organizing piles of things I have to bring. I know I haven't talked about our Manitoba Christmas trip much, but I really am excited. I miss all my family, and I can't wait to be around some snow! Even if it isn't very much snow. It's more than we have here! Because we have none here.

So I returned the coat that Art bought for me. Well, I exchanged it. The one he bought me was a red wool peacoat, and they didn't have a red one in my size, so I got a navy blue one instead. But I still really like it. And then the first day that I wore it, I spilled syrup on it from the candied yams I had made, so I might have to get it dry cleaned.

What is it with me and new, expensive clothes? First the zippers on the fancy boots Art bought me two years ago, then the zipper on my winter parka, then my brand new wool coat. My friend suggested to me that I could just wash it here at home, and then hang it up to dry. If we don't end up doing other laundry all evening, then maybe I'll try that.

Well, I should get going. I still have much to do, and time passes far too quickly when I'm blogging. Merry Christmas everyone! I'll "see" you in a week!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, Jenene...tomorrow is the big day that I get to see you guys in person!! Don't forget the herbs I ordered and Art's gifts. See you soon, love Mom.