Art came home from Jogo today with a bouquet of tulips in his hand, and also a box of truffles. I was completely surprised. I honestly didn't think he would do that for me, and I didn't care. I mean, I got my Oreo ice cream. What more could I ask for?
He got out our expensive crystal vase in its expensive crystal stand that we got from the Filipino's as a wedding gift, I trimmed the stems, added some water, and stood back to admire them.
An hour later I looked and noticed that the vase was void of water. I just thought that the tulips were thirsty little suckers, so I added more water, and then realized what was going on: the water drained out of the vase, bubbled over the sides of the stand, and completely soaked the table and everything on it. Good thing there were a few receipts and some CASH to help absorb it.
I was wondering if somehow the vase was broken, but then Wayne lifted it up (yes, he's here) and said, "Oh cool, there's a hole in the bottom, so you just put a bit of water in the stand."
Cool? COOL?! My expensive crystal vase has a HOLE in the bottom, and sits in a stand that can only hold 1/8th of a millimeter of water, so my Valentine's tulips will be dead tomorrow, and you think that's COOL?!
Did I mention he's a little weird?
I consoled myself by eating truffles (and cupcakes and brownies that Wayne brought, that Sozan baked, which makes his being here okay. Also, Sozan is working tonight.)
Some of you might think I'm mad that Wayne is interrupting our romantic evening of watching Transporter 2, but why would I be? What's so special about this day? Art loves me just as much every other day as he does today. And Art plays just as much Age of Empires every other day as he has today.
Plus, I'm too sore from yesterday to do anything, except sit here and eat ice cream and truffles. What a terrible affliction I suffer from. ;)
Happy Valentine's Day!
4 comments:
I still say that was awful nice of Art to bring you tulips and truffles. Don't understand your expensive vase though. Do you have a tall water glass or jug to put them in instead? Happy Valentine's Day. Hugs and kisses.
would a wad of gum close up the hole?
A really HUGE wad of gum. I'd break my jaw trying to make it.
You failed to mention that you were on the phone with your beautiful sister at the time (ha ha). I think Valentine's Day is way overrated and we can celebrate our love just as well on other days of the year.
Post a Comment