February 8, 2009

Nothin' Important

I felt like I should post something, but I didn't know what. I'll try to come up with something here.

I'm having a conversation with a friend about underwear, over facebook email. You should try it. It's so freeing. What's holding you back? Now is the time. Call or click today!

Okay. I'm kidding. That's a joke. Just wanted to clarify.

Mari was over here this evening, doing her homework. She thought it would be a good idea, because if she brings her laptop over here, she won't be connected to the internet. Which means less distractions. Right? Wrong. Because I was here. I think our conversations were 15% homework-related, and 85% wedding-related, or YouTube videos-related.

But she got her homework done. She had to write an essay, and she let me proofread her outline. I was very happy. I love making corrections! That might be a bad thing, but she insisted that it was very helpful.

My knitting project is on hold for the moment. I'm knitting a scarf, by the way. Did I mention that? I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to look back. Anyway, I've gone as far as I can with that ball of yarn, and now I need a new one.

I was so excited when Mari told me that there's a yarn shop here in town! We checked it out today after church, and I have never seen so much yarn in my life! So many different kinds! I found the kind that matches what I've started with, but it $8.25/roll! That's a lot! I found out it's because it was spun in Peru. No wonder it's so soft. Something about alpacas...

Sozan and Mari and I are planning to go to Bellingham on Thursday to the craft stores, to see if we can find something cheaper. I'm really very truly excited. But that little yarn shop in town.......I can't believe it.

I just finished a book. It was the last in a three-part series. It was also the last unread book of mine that I have in this house. And since my knitting is on hold until I can buy more inexpensive yarn, and since we no longer have cable........I'm in for a few days of boredom.

I could clean the house. But I've been doing pretty good at keeping it clean everyday, so that could only occupy me for......half an hour? I don't have any laundry to do. Facebook and blogs can only keep me entertained for so long. And I'm not keen on surfing the internet just to keep busy. But it looks like I'm in for a few days of internet-brain-rotting fun.

And don't tell me to go for a walk. Because we've got a few days of rain coming up.

I've considered playing games by myself. Only I know it will feel like I'm the loserest loser on the planet. Something like that could make a person go crazy. Which I guess isn't a problem, because I'm nearly going crazy just thinking about how I don't have anything to do.

3 comments:

Elleah said...

That's really cool that you can knit!

Anonymous said...

Underwear huh? Wow, you have some strange friends ;)

Libbers said...

You should start on the Twilight books.. for real! At least the first one is great.