February 23, 2009

Throwdown

Jogo Gym (the gym where Art coaches and works out) hosted a competition on Saturday. They invited their own members, as well as members of other CrossFit gyms in the area, to come out and participate. There were two workouts (or events), and five groups (or heats). Each workout was timed, and the person with the best total time was the winner.

A total of 27 people from 4 different gyms competed, and at least that many came out just to support them.

Here are some pictures of Art, working (and sweating) his butt off.



Art doing a burpee. Do a push-up, then jump up into the air. Repeat. 6 times. For 5 rounds.


Swing 53 pounds over your head, 6 times in a row. 5 rounds.






Front squat 95 pounds, 6 times, 5 rounds. That's more than 50% of his body weight.


Then lift that weight above your head, same number of times. Feeling tired yet?





















Art got 10th place over all, which I consider pretty good, considering some of the CrossFit monsters that showed up. I'm so proud of him!

2 comments:

Elleah said...

Lift 53 pounds over your head...that's over half my weight! Crazy! Great job, Art! Nice pit stains, too.

Wanda said...

Wow...impressive. I hope you call him studmuff or something worthy of that caliber.
That's awesome!

Cute blog! I hopped over from Sandier Pastures.