I got a response from US Immigration Services about my application.
Good News: It hasn't been denied or rejected.
Bad News: It hasn't been approved either.
Okay News: I have to have my fingerprints taken. They will tell me when and where that is to happen. Once they have processed those, then they will decide whether to approve or deny my application.
Something I'm Worried About: I don't have fingerprints on some of my fingers. I have incredibly dry skin on some fingertips. I think this has happened as a result of working at Subway for so many years. The hand sanitizer they use there is practically pure acid. It's really horrible, and has damaged my skin permanently, or so it seems.
I guess it's time to overload on the hand lotion!
7 comments:
Dad didn't think your "lack of fingerprints on some fingers would be a problem. They also take palm prints. So don't sweat it. Love you and nice to hear your voice earlier on the phone.
You have no fingerprints?!?!
Why aren't you out there robbing banks?! :D
Sorry for the comment attack - it wouldn't post and I was angrily clicking the button...guess I shouldn't do that. But look how popular I'm making you! :)
...or you could go undercover! That would be fun way to while away your time :)
Haha. I know you guys are kidding (well, at least I hope you are) but I should still clarify: I don't have fingerprints on THREE of my fingers. That still leaves seven fingers to incriminate me.
I wouldn't worry about it. they take prints from ALL of your fingers though, for clarification (I had to do this last year) they will continue to press on your finger until they get a print that is distinctive to you. they will continually try, it took them about a half an hour to get a print off of my thumb. this isn't a bad stage in your immigration paperwork, it is necessary, and no one gets their green card without this stage. you will get your fingerprints, then you will get your temporary card, and then you should have to go to an immigration office and have a final interview. it is all a part of the process, and is completely normal. most likely, they haven't even looked at the information in your application yet, because it has to be looked at with all the pieces there, including the fingerprints. you will get your approved or declined status at your interview. your interviewing will conclude your meeting with a stamp of "approve" or "decline"
Post a Comment